We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Follow & Unfollow[Solved] | Forum

Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 10 '14
Greetings,

For some reason I am unable to unfollow friends, etc.  I'm still friends with them, I just don't want to see some of them and what they do on my site.  Simple logic dictates to "unfollow" them correct?  Well, for some odd reason, this isn't working.  When I click the "unfollow" button, and refresh it works (only for a few seconds) - then after a few seconds and refresh again, for some odd reason I end up seeing all their content again and am following them without me doing anything...

Help would be much appreciated.  I'm running the latest version 1.6 if that helps...

The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 13 '14
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 10 '14
I'm assuming it may be my cronjob, but how do we know if it's running properly or like it should?

For some odd reason, and this is just a hunch, but is it not being deleted from the database?

Besides this occurring, (not able to "Unfollow"), users who log in then close the browser, and do not return for several days are still logged in and viewed as online...I read in another forum topic that users who do this gets logged out after 30 minutes of inactivity...I'm having this issue as well, which is why I think my cronjob isn't working properly.

Is there a way to see if it is working properly?  Like do a test run?  Or something of the sort?

The Forum post is edited by Hybrid Mar 10 '14
ross Team
ross Mar 10 '14
Try to send a mass mail
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 10 '14
Ok, I did and that works.  Took a few minutes before I received the email though...

Was doing this to test and see if cron was the issue?

And if cron isn't the issue, why am I still unable to "Unfollow" people?

ross Team
ross Mar 10 '14
Can you please enable debug mode and also check the Firebug console if there's any error?
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 11 '14
Is debug mode different than dev mode?  Last time I set true to dev mode, then put it back to false my site went back to it's original state and I lost all my custom code... :(  Will that happen if I put true to debug mode?

And as for Firebug console...???

Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 11 '14
Ok I enabled the debug mode and this is what I received via "error_log" in root directory:

[11-Mar-2014 08:05:21] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant OW_DIR_STATIC - assumed 'OW_DIR_STATIC' in ../public_html/ow_includes/define.php on line 9

[11-Mar-2014 08:05:21] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant OW_DIR_USERFILES - assumed 'OW_DIR_USERFILES' in ../public_html/ow_includes/define.php on line 11

[11-Mar-2014 08:05:21] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant OW_DIR_UTIL - assumed 'OW_DIR_UTIL' in ../public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 11

[11-Mar-2014 08:05:21] PHP Warning: require_once(OW_DIR_UTILdebug.php) [<a href='function.require-once'>function.require-once</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in ../public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 11

[11-Mar-2014 08:05:21] PHP Fatal error: require_once() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'OW_DIR_UTILdebug.php' (include_path='.:/usr/php/54/usr/lib64:/usr/php/54/usr/share/pear') in ../public_html/ow_includes/init.php on line 11

The Forum post is edited by Hybrid Mar 11 '14
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 11 '14
??
ross Team
ross Mar 12 '14
can you please PM me your admin and Cpanel access details, I'll take a look at the problem
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 12 '14
Sent.
Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 13 '14
+1 for ross!  Thank you kindly for helping me get this fixed.

The issue or root cause of this was the "Admin Pal" plugin.  Once disabled, the "Unfollow" feature worked like it should if you are or are not a friend to someone.  With this particular plugin activated, the "Unfollow" feature doesn't work only if you are friends with someone.

Again, thanks for helping me get this resolved ross!  I'll start a topic on the 3rd party developer who created the "Admin Pal" plugin in hopes he/she can fix this issue!