We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Awesome Digital/Web Designer looking for epic Back-end Developer to team up with! | Forum

Matthew Brindle
Matthew Brindle Mar 12 '14
Hey,

I'm looking for a backend developer to team up with.

I'm Matthew a 29 year old Digital Designer + Pro Photographer from London, UK. I've worked in the industry for a decade and at some big social networks. I do everything from web/print/mobile/app design, illustration, artworking, iconography to front-end development (css/html), wireframing and user experience. I'm looking for someone dedicated, easy going and cool that's a good communicator that can handle all the back end work and likes taking direction and exchanging ideas.

I'm looking to do two things. 1. Build some awesome responsive themes and split profits 50/50. 2. Build some niche social networks and dating sites with payment models and split the profits 50/50.

I'm also very interested in progressing the oxwall code further. Towards something more minimal, flexible, modern, tag centric and beautiful. Like the tumblr of social networks.

I have a stack of social network theme mock ups in a variety of styles ready to go. I just need someone that is the ying to my yang and do epic code. 

Here are some links to my portfolio and linkedin.

www.studiobrindle.com

www.linkedin.com/in/matthewbrindle

www.matthewbrindle.co.uk

Email me direct at: matt . brindle @ gmail . com

I'll also pop back here too.

The Forum post is edited by Matthew Brindle Mar 12 '14
Attachments:
  web-fp-redesign.jpg (101.85Kb)
  mrb-fp-profilethemes.jpg (125.2Kb)
  web-vvv-02-designer.jpg (97.43Kb)
  Sparkcrush-profile-01-B.jpg (125.97Kb)
  SparkCrush-Members.png (330.85Kb)
crb
crb Apr 25 '14

Only your LinkedIn is working ;)

Are the photo's you posted, designs you already programmed in oxwall ?

I'm having an idear for guite some time but my design skills are horrible as I just learning myself all the code. Fun but time consuming.

Am good in business idears and working as Desktop Analist so available to help on that. Setting up Oxwall on hosting is a piece of cake but to make a good oxwall product a plugin developer is needed.

To bad LinkedIn is not letting me connect with a 3th degree connection

The Forum post is edited by crb Apr 25 '14
John
John Apr 26 '14
Matthew, I've sent you a PM.
Matthew Brindle
Matthew Brindle Apr 26 '14
Hi there guys!

I'm in the process of replying to both of your private messages. Thanks for getting in touch!

Here are some answers to the questions posted by CRB on here.

The designs are from a few different systems. 

I worked full time at Faceparty years back - it's built in it's own code from the ground up. I would work on the UX, Wireframing, Design and Implementation Documentation - it was a rather large company so while being able to code It was passed on to a dedicated team of developers. Then the live test would come back to me to make sure it worked as intended or if modifications were required.

The Sparkcrush profile page is from my own project first starting out with PHPFox. Which I did actually code up myself into a live theme. And customised quite heavily but found the functionality I wanted for the site falling short. Even with additional plugins (Primarily features related to search - such as tagging within actual user profiles rather than just uploaded content and better location features). As well as finding the entire thing an admin and UI mess.

After a lot of testing and research with various off the shelf and commercial similar products (BoonEx, Skadate, Ning, Elgg, SocialEngine etc). None of which seemed to be the real deal. Either heavily outdated code / standards / ux wise (and sheesh! definitely theme wise! If I see another facebook clone template I'll pop!). The closest is SocialEngine - they have their heads screwed on. But have been focusing much more on mirroring services like Pinterest and Twitter and microblogging platforms hosted by them in the cloud. Rather than concentrating on their original social client server neworking product.

I've been looking to for an open source code to be able to heavily customise into something that's minimal, responsive, powerful, slick but extremely user friendly not just for the users but from a site management and implementation perspective.

Basically working towards the Wordpress of social networking/dating. That can be hosted by the client or in the cloud. It should be that easy/quick to install, add plugins, find beautiful customisable themes and build for.

Which is what has led me to Oxwall, as it seems like a good base.

I have also been thinking about perhaps looking for a ruby/rails/bootstrap developer and making something from scratch as that's the kind of code I think will be shaping the web going forwards.

Taking in both of your input. Perhaps a collaborative team is what might be a good direction. 

Matthew Brindle
Matthew Brindle Apr 26 '14
Apologies CRB - you hadn't send me a PM ;) Luckily I replied to everything here!

Look forward to your ideas and responses.

Oh and my portfolio is now online at www.mrbrindle.com - I've now use studiobrindle for client test sites I'm working on. www.matthewbrindle.co.uk is working again - was in the process of setting the DNS to redirect the .com. 

My email for LinkedIn (I think you need to add as a friend) is matt.brindle@gmail.com

Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 26 '14
Hey Matthew Send me your skype info in a PM
crb
crb Apr 28 '14

Np ;) Up for helping and have a strange and crazy site to set up, you can include me.

Can't hurt to have some marketing between a bunch of developers.

i'll send pm with idear 

Pete
Pete Apr 28 '14
Nice website Mathew ,hope you well stick around and come up with some good themes for oxwall
The Forum post is edited by Pete Apr 28 '14
eliananova
eliananova Jan 19 '23

During the beta launch of the digital product, we check whether everything works properly. In case of any issues, we make updates to the design before the final launch. For more https://cieden.com/digital-product-design

Quin Bella
Quin Bella Jan 19 '23

Thanks for this wonderful post. If you need help in your Assignment writing. They have reasonable rates and gives students high quality work.