We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Quality Control and Customer Service Suggestion | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » Oxwall Store
Modern
Modern Mar 14 '14
Hi, Looking through the plugins I have notice that many people are having compatibility problems with plugins.  Generally speaking it is a conflict between two or more plugins and not between the base Oxwall product and a plugin.

The obvious solution to this is to create a standard basic site that has been thoroughly tested.  Then start adding plugins one at a time, you could do this alphabetically to avoid arguments.  As you add a plugin it is tested to destruction to make sure that it works. 

If it does not work exactly as it says on the box it is passed back to the developer with the appropriate Error logs and recommendations for solving the problem. 

Any plugin that is returned to the developer is then placed at the back of the testing queue.  This will encourage developers to really produce first class products that are bug free.

When a plugin has passed the QC check and proved to be absolutely stable it is then given an Oxwall certificate of approval and placed in the Oxwall Store.

I am sure that members would not mind paying an small additional charge to  Oxwall for providing this level of service.

Alternatively you can carry on disappointing your members with shoddy workmanship and they will inevitably stop buying the plugins as the detrimental reports build up.  If that happens, all of the developers reputations will suffer and of course they will lose sales and money.
Kind regards
Steve.

Modern
Modern Apr 15 '14
Thats the price you pay for a superior product and great customer care.  What good is it for me to buy plugins that either don't work out of the box or are going to be rendered useless by other peoples plugins or updates to the Owall main facility.

After deleting two plugins that I bought I managed to get my site working properly again, e.g when I clicked on a members profile I got a 500 error.  Two months later, bingo, the same problem is back again. 

Here is the error message from the debug mode.

Message: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1062 Duplicate entry '2147483647' for key 'PRIMARY' File: /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_core/database.php Line: 331 Trace: #0 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_core/database.php(331): PDOStatement->execute() #1 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_core/database.php(543): OW_Database->execute(' REPLACE INTO o...', Array) #2 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_core/database.php(580): OW_Database->query(' REPLACE INTO o...', Array) #3 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_plugins/newsfeed/bol/action_set_dao.php(152): OW_Database->update(' REPLACE INTO o...', Array) #4 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_plugins/newsfeed/bol/action_dao.php(361): NEWSFEED_BOL_ActionSetDao->generateActionSet(1, 1397608860) #5 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_plugins/awards/bol/award_dao.php(124): NEWSFEED_BOL_ActionDao->findCountByUser(1, 1397608860) #6 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_plugins/awards/bol/award_dao.php(212): AWARDS_BOL_AwardDao->getUserPoints(1) #7 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_plugins/awards/bol/service.php(75): AWARDS_BOL_AwardDao->getAllAwardsForUser(1, 1, 0) #8 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_plugins/awards/components/profile_widget.php(42): AWARDS_BOL_Service->getAllAwardsForUser(1, 1, 0) #9 [internal function]: AWARDS_CMP_ProfileWidget->__construct(Object(BASE_CLASS_WidgetParameter)) #10 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_core/ow.php(439): ReflectionClass->newInstanceArgs(Array) #11 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_core/ow.php(410): OW::getClassInstanceArray('AWARDS_CMP_Prof...', Array) #12 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_item.php(305): OW::getClassInstance('AWARDS_CMP_Prof...', Object(BASE_CLASS_WidgetParameter)) #13 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_system_plugins/base/components/drag_and_drop_entity_panel.php(204): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropItem->renderView() #14 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_smarty/template_c/4295c1d15986abc19a4b80d63fbc668b24f846cc.file.drag_and_drop_entity_panel.html.php(102): BASE_CMP_DragAndDropEntityPanel->tplComponent(Array, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #15 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_libraries/smarty3/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(180): content_52d234e2e52781_35283478(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #16 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_core/view_renderer.php(101): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch('/home/modernna/...') #17 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_core/renderable.php(263): OW_ViewRenderer->renderTemplate('/home/modernna/...') #18 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_core/component.php(80): OW_Renderable->render() #19 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(156): OW_Component->render() #20 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(267): BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->action('profile', 1, false, Array, 'drag_and_drop_e...') #21 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/component_panel.php(283): BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->myProfile(Array) #22 [internal function]: BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel->profile(Array) #23 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_core/request_handler.php(266): ReflectionMethod->invokeArgs(Object(BASE_CTRL_ComponentPanel), Array) #24 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/ow_core/application.php(330): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch() #25 /home/modernna/public_html/groupware/index.php(65): OW_Application->handleRequest() #26 {main}Perhaps one of your team would be kind enough take some time to look at it and let me know which plugins are causing the conflict so that I can discard them as well?
Kind regards
Stephan Toth
The Forum post is edited by Modern Apr 15 '14
Modern
Modern Apr 15 '14
This seems to be a constant problem though the numeric number may change.  Duplicate entry '2147483647' for key 'PRIMARY' File:
Modern
Modern Apr 15 '14
Referring back to your comment Chris I cannot agree with your summation which appears to be an off handed comment. 

I can agree that the initial sett up and testing of existing products would take some considerable time.  However, this would firstly enable you to have a stable main package that is then supported by approved plugins.  As each plugin is tested, corrected and approved, the approved list would grow.  This would then enable the producers of the plugin to charge a small premium price to cover their extra work and also increase the sales of those plugins.

Overall, it would upgrade the desirability and reputation of the Oxwall brand name and result in more people using the package.  That of itself would increase the customer base of the brand and of course through that increase the amount of plugin sales to the developers.

Also, using this solution would considerably cut down on the negative postings throughout the forums and the product feedback pages.

You see Chris, I do have some limited knowledge of html and flash webpage design, so I do fully appreciate how much time is involved not only in development projects but also in the testing phase. However, my profession is strategic business and marketing, specializing in complex business problem solving. 

The solution above, though not desirable at first sight because of the time constraint It is the solution that is desperately needed for the Oxwall brand name if it is going to maximize its business potential in a very competitive market.
Kind regards

Stephan Toth
The Forum post is edited by Modern Apr 15 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 16 '14
Its to hard for a developer to know there plugin will not clash with any other plugin 

For that every developer would have to buy every plugin in the store to test there plugin