We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Certain user's not getting activity notifications or messages | Forum

Clayton
Clayton Mar 16 '14
My website: http://www.ponisocial.com/ has been having some issues. A while back ago, a user told me that he was having problems with notifications. That.. he wasn't retrieving them. This was before we upgrade to the latest upgrade. Well recently, my server had started glitching out. It finally works now, however, my account wont give me notifications or messages. I can't even send messages. I can post on walls, comment, but I'm in a very sticky situation.

I am an admin. I run the server. I am completely lost on what to do. I used my test account to see if everything worked and it did. But my account just wont do. I have my cron set up. I even manually updated it too to see it it will fix things, but nothing does. I'm a little frustrated because I put SO much work into that account and it means a lot to me. Especially because I treasure the age of my accounts on any website. 

Anyone has a clue on what I should do? It would be HIGHLY appreciated if someone can help me. I feel very sad about all of this. I'm only 17(soon to be 18) and I'm completely lost..
ross Team
ross Mar 17 '14
Claytong, please PM me your admin and Cpanel access details, I'll take a look at the problem. 
Markus
Markus Jul 3 '14
Ross ... I have the same problem .... website is not sending any notifications .... any verifications .... I contacted my host provider - I spent over an hour in 3 live chat .... a few guys was checking everything in my connection ....everything is working from they end . Cron is working sending emails but somewhere somehow are not going out ? ..... I didn't do much changes just changed auto to immediately notification that's it ...... I don't know where to looking for for problem.... ?
ross Team
ross Jul 7 '14
Verification e-mails are sent directly to the mail server, without cron, which means there's something wrong with the mail server. Do you have a shared account or ...?
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 7 '14