We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Payment Gateway[Answered] | Forum

Warren
Warren Mar 16 '14
Does anyone know the best payment gateway plugin on Oxwall? Or even how to activate a payment gateway? I want member be able to use the fundraising plugin and provide other users with donations.
The Forum post is edited by ross Mar 30 '14
Andrew Crew
Andrew Crew Mar 16 '14
It depends on country/region..for example paypal not so popular in Easter Europe, Asia, etc..
Warren
Warren Mar 16 '14
Thanks for your response. I want to use paypal but what plugin should I get?
Warren
Warren Mar 16 '14
I know paypal might not be popular worldwide but I plan to add more as I go along.
Warren
Warren Mar 16 '14
Thank you so much!
Warren
Warren Mar 16 '14
Now I'm running into another problem. Every time I click donate it takes me to where I can submit my amount then I click submit but then it tells me that the seller account has problems. My users can't put in their own paypal accounts?
ross Team
ross Mar 17 '14
Chris +1
Warren
Warren Mar 19 '14
Thanks Chris and ross! So Chris? Does this mean I will need to customize the paypal so that people can put in their merchant id instead of mine... Like really what I want to know is when it's all said and done will the money go to my account then I have to distribute it to them?
ross Team
ross Mar 27 '14
Warren, no you won't need to customize this plugin, you just need to indicate your merchant ID in the plugins settings configuration to get the payments directly to your paypal account, usually it is the e-mail you used while setting up the paypal account. 
Warren
Warren Mar 28 '14
I mean I want the money not to go to me but other people directly. When I crowd fund for a project I don't want the money to go to me but to that person who has and created the project. Would I need to customize it then? And thank you so much for the follow-up.

Hybrid
Hybrid Mar 29 '14
@Warren,

I think I understand what your asking as I too would like something like this.  The paypal gateway plugin (to my knowledge) only allows 1 merchant ID.  So, if you are wanting multiple paypal accounts to work with this plugin, it will not work since only 1 merchant ID can be used.

I almost started a topic on this subject, but came across this one and glad I did.  I'm sure some custom code modifications to the paypal gateway plugin would make what you and I want, I just wouldn't know how to do it.

All in all, if you want to have multiple users paypal accounts (merchant ID's) to be used along side the paypal gateway plugin - it won't work as of right now.  And I'm not sure if they will change that.  Only 1 merchant ID can be used with this gateway.  You still have the option to distribute whatever amount to those you want to distribute money to, but you will have to do it manually and from your account if your account is the main merchant ID being used with this paypal gateway plugin.

Andrew Crew
Andrew Crew Mar 29 '14
If you need many PayPal accounts to be used for multiple Fundraising campaigns it yes it will required some custom code modifications

But if you need to allow many PayPal accounts for multiple Sellers it is already done for Shop Pro. This plugin has its own PayPal modifications, so every seller can add its own PayPal account for each product

Hope it helps smb
ross Team
ross Mar 30 '14
Andrew +1
Bakolo
Bakolo Jul 22 '23
Hello, in order to make the process of buying goods in your favorite online store convenient and take a few minutes, there are payment gateways. This is a great tool that helps make the purchase process comfortable for the user, and the seller quickly receives money into his account. And it also allows you to expand the geography of customers, thereby increasing sales. If you are interested, visit payadmit com for information on one of the most efficient payment gateways for e-commerce.
Vene Eehers
Vene Eehers Mar 4

I can't recommend a specific "best" payment gateway plugin as it depends on your needs and preferences. However, I can guide you on activating a payment gateway on Oxwall for your fundraising plugin:

1. Choose a payment gateway: Explore popular options like PayPal Billing or CCBill Billing plugins available in the Oxwall store. Consider factors like transaction fees, supported currencies, and ease of use.
  2. Install the chosen plugin: Search for the plugin in the Oxwall store and follow the installation instructions.
  3. Configure the plugin: Each plugin has specific configuration settings. You'll typically need to enter your payment gateway account credentials and configure URLs for communication between Oxwall and the gateway. Refer to the plugin's documentation for detailed instructions.
  4. Test the setup: Once configured, use the plugin's test mode to simulate a donation and ensure everything works smoothly before enabling real transactions.

Remember, activating a Payment processing gateway involves sensitive information. Always follow the official Oxwall documentation and plugin guides for secure setup.