We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

How to clear notifications? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Joseph
Joseph Mar 17 '14
The Notifications at the top menu bar seem to be staying and I can find no way to delete them? Any help? Thanks!
ross Team
ross Mar 18 '14
Can I have your domain name, please? I'll check the problem. 
Anitaku
Anitaku Jul 8 '16
Anyone know how to clear notifications? 

I'm having issues with it being stuck when loading past notifications. 

dave Leader
dave Jul 9 '16
clear the ow_notifications_notification table  dont worry you wont break anything by doing so, 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jul 9 '16
I don't see a timestamp on the notifications, but there may be one. Could this be the next great plugin? Something to automatically clear notifications after a set number of days. The number of days could be set by the admin.
dave Leader
dave Jul 9 '16
i think the cron does this already, not sure but i remember someone talking about it... 
Darryl B Leader
Darryl B Jul 9 '16
I remember as well, but the only thing I could find was about it not resetting after you viewed it. That was fixed a few updates ago, but they still hang around for a while.
dave Leader
dave Jul 9 '16
maybe its set by number then cron,  it would have to clear itself because if not i would have a kazillion on my oxwall notice list but i think their are only like 50 or so
Anitaku
Anitaku Jul 9 '16
Didnt end up clearing the notifications. However i'm glad it was answered here since i couldn't find a solution to this anywhere else.

Thanks dave and Darryl

dave Leader
dave Jul 9 '16
oh gee thanks phil he gets the uppercase D, see how you are lmao 

glad you got it sorted buddy :)

Anitaku
Anitaku Jul 9 '16
your username is lower case which is what i went off, so you only have yourself to blame mister.. :P
dave Leader
dave Jul 9 '16
lol phil :)