We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Text box is super small, need to make larger - Newsfeed Trends Twitter style | Forum

Kenneth
Kenneth Mar 23 '14
I'm not sure why it's so small, Is this just the default box?

Questions is large however status is super small.

Attachments:
  text box.png (21.32Kb)
Allen Burtt
Allen Burtt Apr 6 '14

I also encountered a problem with the newsfeed text box being rendered after upgrading this plugin. I have the newsfeed on the left in the main column (about 60% of the page width). The two right columns on my site are the side bars and take up about 20% of the page each.

When the plugin was first released the newsfeed text box displayed correctly in both Firefox and Internet Explorer 11 (i.e. as a box taking the full width of the main column). Since the last two upgrades the newsfeed text box displays correctly in Firefox, but not in Internet Explorer 11 (i.e. it displays as a box taking about 25% width of the main column).

This is odd behaviour and appears to be IE 11 specific, but obviously something has also changed when the plugin was upgraded to change the behaviour. I've solved the problem but uninstalling the upgraded plugin and reverting to the first release, but this is not an ideal fix. But it works with the newsfeed text box being correctly displayed in both browsers.

As an aside, I did check the CSS code and both refer to "100%" width for the text box, so its not the CSS code per se.

The Forum post is edited by Allen Burtt Apr 6 '14
Kenneth
Kenneth Apr 6 '14
this new update fixed my newsfeed bar.
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Apr 6 '14
We updated the plug yesterday. The update should fix these issues. 
Allen Burtt
Allen Burtt Apr 7 '14
Thank you Oxwall Accessories - yesterday's update also fixed my newsfeed textbox in IE 11.
You do not have permission to reply this topic