We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error from PayPal - PayPal Billing | Forum

Erik Zen
Erik Zen Aug 14 '11
Hi,

I tried to do a test subscribe from the subscribe page, it sent me to PayPal.  But I got this message:

Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.
Erik Zen
Erik Zen Aug 14 '11
Hmm. Rhwn I tried to link the plug-in to a different PayPal account.  It doesn't give me that error anymore, but the dollar amount is zero:

9.5 USD per 31 days (recurring)

$0.00 USD
Then if I continue, PayPal says:

"The link you have used to enter the PayPal system is invalid. Please review the link and try again."

Please advise!
Egor Bulgakov Team
Egor Bulgakov Aug 18 '11
Hi Erik,

Quote from Erik Zen Invalid Regular period. You must specify valid values for the A3, P3, and T3 parameters for a subscription.
This PayPal error means that you are using a pair of values for price and period which are not supported by PayPal, for instance $1 per 90 days won't work as I remember

Quote from Erik Zen $0.00 USD
Where do you get this zero amount? Are you using the latest version of the plugin?
Could you send me via private message your site admin user access so I could check the issue?
Jerry Thompson
Jerry Thompson Nov 13 '11
I had the same error.  I found information that helped me understand the problem and what to do about it.

Using days for the unit of time is awkward for the subscription.

A3 = Price
P3 = Subscription Duration
T3 = Subscription Duration Units

Originally Posted by PayPal
  • D – for days; allowable range for p3 is 1 to 90
  • W – for weeks; allowable range for p3 is 1 to 52
  • M – for months; allowable range for p3 is 1 to 24
  • Y – for years; allowable range for p3 is 1 to 5

If you want to use recurring payments with days as the duration unit, then the maximum that will work with paypal is 90 days.

If you want a recurring annual subscription, then the unit of measure needs to be months or years.

So for my site, an annual payment of $19.95 for 365 days worked, but if I made it recurring you get the error message above.  If I want it to be recurring, I'll have to invoice it manually.

I also added a 90 day recurring subscription for $5.95.  So for those who choose that, then payments will be made till they stop them.

I need to decide if I  am going to offer both options or restrict it to a 90 day recurring payment only.

I would like to see an monthly or annual option in addition to or instead of days.

I am glad to have the script, except for this one thing, it seems to work well.

Thank you.
Jerry
The Forum post is edited by Jerry Thompson Nov 13 '11
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Feb 10 '12
This issue was fixed with the latest plugin's update. Please, check it.
You do not have permission to reply this topic