We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Signup stuck on confirm mail address | Forum

Nemes Ioan Sorin
Nemes Ioan Sorin Apr 3 '14
Big problem on my Oxwall website 

even on Oxwall website itself - the same bug : 

when a new user want to sign up 

he complete the form and press Enter 

the next page is a form with a single line and the user e-mail inside - this is for e-mail confirmation 

pressing the button - nothing happens 

- the mail is not verified 

- the user can't get rid of that page 

any url related to the oxwall website will not work because a php session or a cookie told to browser to stuck on the confirmation page.  

Today - before I've signed up - I've opened few pages on the main Oxwall website - after I push the button to send the verification to my email address everything stopped - no further navigation on the website was possible because all pages turned to that point where the email must be sent for verification ( you know "Please confirm your email address ..."). 

Please take a look at the capture . Nothing was possible from that moment - I had to clear the cache to come back for this report.

I got the same problem with my Qxwall install on dreamyblue.org - we put in some paid plugins and a nonfree theme - all ok - except noone can sign up 

The question is - can you help me here with a definitive solution ? - I got already a sum of nervous peoples on my head ... 

..if there's not a known quick solution -> can you point me to the right module / class to check for myself and to try a bypass ( I don't have the whole time in the world to start learning the whole Oxwall API - so please point me right on the spot ).

Thanks in advance. 

Attachments:
  screenshot29.png (18.89Kb)
ross Team
ross Apr 3 '14
Nemes is this the website you're referring to: http://dreamyblue.org/ ? I just registered there, confirmed my e-mail and my account is pending admin approval.

As to the website not letting you in unless you verify your e-mail this is how it works if you check confirm e-mail in the admin panel settings

The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 3 '14