We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

video deos not show | Forum

Jim
Jim Aug 17 '11
when i paste an embed code then save, there is no video showing when i click on it.
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 17 '11
Can you attach the code to here so we can see?  (paste it into notepad then attach the txt to your post...)

Jim
Jim Aug 17 '11
sure here you go
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 17 '11
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 17 '11
when you click on "share" below the video in youtube there will be an embed button.  Click there and use THAT code for embedding!

Try that and see.  I have attached a txt file of the embed code I used for the vid above.
The Forum post is edited by Michael Aug 17 '11
Attachments:
  embed.txt (0.12Kb)
Jim
Jim Aug 17 '11
wow i always knew i was a genius, i think that proves it thoroughly! Thanks Mike!
Trent
Trent Aug 18 '11
Probably a stupid question, but do I need to have some type of media player installed for videos to play?
Jim
Jim Aug 18 '11
it would appear that the embed code is all you need
Dantes
Dantes Aug 18 '11
yes is all you need
Michael Leader
Michael Aug 18 '11
yes.  no additional players needed
Jenn B
Jenn B Sep 27 '11
We're having some issues with videos posted to The Wall not showing up in the Newsfeed (even using the embed code - it's not going through for some members).

Most of us are running Firefox 6 or 7. Various operating systems (Windows, Linux)

Please let me know if you need anything else in order to solve this.
Den Team
Den Sep 28 '11
This is a known bug and will be fixed with the next update.
Jenn B
Jenn B Sep 28 '11

Quote from Addenster This is a known bug and will be fixed with the next update.
Great, thanks!