We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

error 500 after deleting unwanted themes via ftp [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Marktreb
Marktreb Apr 12 '14
Hello looking for a bit of help as I broke my site after deleting unwanted themes ie"origin" I have tried to fix it by re-uploading the deleted themes but still getting internal error 500.  

Is it fixable or should I just call it a day and delete it?

Mark't

The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 14 '14
John
John Apr 12 '14
I've never deleted a theme. They only take up about 2 meg on your server so it's hardly worth the bother.

Firstly, the Origin Theme that comes wit Oxwall must NOT be deleted. Oxwall uses components of this theme regardless of the theme you're running.

Deleting other themes may create a 500 error if you delete them while Oxwall is running on your browser. Like plugins, Oxwall reads what themes are in the ow-themes folder when it starts. If you delete a theme while it's running on your browser, it may produce the error message.

ross Team
ross Apr 13 '14
Mark you cannot delete Origin theme, as whole admin panel is based on this theme. YOu need to upload origin theme again, this should work. Other themes are not as important as this one. 
bobbi
bobbi Apr 13 '14
The origin theme should not have the option to delete it, this would never of happened to mark or anyone else who has removed it,
Marktreb
Marktreb Apr 14 '14
Have re-uploaded origin themi with no luck still getting error 500. 
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '14
enable debug mode, copy the actual errors here, so we could assist you. 
Marktreb
Marktreb Apr 14 '14

Hope this helps 

ross Team
ross Apr 14 '14
Alright PM me your admin and Cpanel access details, I'll try to fix the origin theme
Marktreb
Marktreb Apr 14 '14
A big thank you to Ross for fixing my mistake of deleting origin theme

Problem solved and back online

Marktreb

John
John Apr 14 '14
. . . . and John who was first to tell you. Damn! Invisible again. ;-(
Anas mansour
Anas mansour Jun 6 '14
i have this error too
i re-uploaded the origin theme but no luck
how to fix it ?
ross Team
ross Jun 8 '14
Enable dev mode and refresh the site. 
John
John Mar 1 '15
Ross, enabling dev and refreshing the site only brings forth what Mark Trilly posted earlier. So Again the Question is: How does this problem get solved? Thanks
The Forum post is edited by John Mar 1 '15
Attachments:
  theme_problems.jpg (20Kb)
Taissa Team
Taissa Mar 2 '15
John, this error message means the system can't find folder "Aerial Reloaded"
Please, specify do you want to delete or to restore this theme ?

Before deleting theme you need to choose another theme in Admin Area>Appearance>Chose Theme section. If you can't do this because of the error got to your phpMyAdmin > ow_base_config table and change the theme in selectedTheme row.
If you want to restore theme you need to re-upload Aerial Reloaded theme folder.
Taissa Team
Taissa May 7 '15
joe rovito, it seems you have solved your issue. I've opened your site and not discovered the 500 error.
joe rovito
joe rovito May 8 '15
Yes, thank you Taissa. Issue is resolved.