We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugin updates problems[Answered] | Forum

Shaun
Shaun Apr 14 '14

When I try to update my plugins I am getting the following screen and the website goes down.

Any ideas what has happened. I will restore from a backup and try a manual update.

The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 15 '14
Shaun
Shaun Apr 14 '14
ITs not just this plugin it's an plugin i try to update.
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '14
Do you have ziparchive module enabled on your server?
The Forum post is edited by ross Apr 14 '14
Shaun
Shaun Apr 14 '14
I will go and ask, Its only recently i have had this problem.
Shaun
Shaun Apr 14 '14
My host is host for web. they say it should be enabled but are opening a support ticket to go and check.
Shaun
Shaun Apr 14 '14
The manual update did not work at all but when in debug mode it showed some error messages relating to you nets social plugins.

I deactivated them all but now i get the following message whilst not in debug mode after updating a plugin.

Parse error
: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE, expecting ')' in /home/thebrewi/public_html/ow_pluginfiles/base/lang_1.php on line 2800
Shaun
Shaun Apr 14 '14
Host for web says ziparchive module is installed and active
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '14
do you have several languages on your website? what software version do you have? 
Silvio
Silvio Apr 14 '14
do a check about prerequisites... i'd the same problem

• Apache 2 or higher (with mod_rewrite module)
  • PHP 5.2.6 or higher with:
    • fopen on
    • register_globals off
    • safe_mode off
    • suPHP off
    • suApache off
    • suhosin off
  • PHP modules:
    • PDO
    • DOM
    • mbstring
    • zip
    • zlib
    • ftp
    • json
  • MySQL 5.0 or higher
  • GD Library 2 with FreeType support
  • Mail server (SendMail, Exim or other)

then i discovered i was missing

• zip
  • zlib

installed and worked

Shaun
Shaun Apr 14 '14
Hi guys, I am using Platform version 1.6.0 (build 7157)

I am not using any language other than English. Both zip and zlib are installed and working on my server.

I have the site back up and running after reinstalling an backup but i cannot update any plugins at all.
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '14
Shaun, PM me your admin and FTP details, please, I'll take a look at the problem
Shaun
Shaun Apr 15 '14
i will do that now ross. thank you.
ross Team
ross Apr 15 '14
It was third-party plugins update issue, recommended to contact plugin developers directly to resolve the issue. 
Shaun
Shaun Apr 16 '14
I have unistalled and reinstaled newer versions of the plugins to solve the problem for now but I will wait for a an oxwall plugin update to become available and see if i can update that as i am not convinced yet it is only third party plugins i cannot update.

I will keep you posted.
windwalker
windwalker May 24 '14
The problem is with plugins.php

It is giving different error readings for different people.

But the issue still remains with plugins.php

My installation is a fresh installation on a fresh server.

This is my fist time using Oxwall. I normally use Joomla. I thought I would try Oxwall and see what it was like.

Here is the error I am getting.

Class 'ZipArchive' not found in

oxwall/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/plugins.php on line 166

That is on trying to upload and install a new plugin.

Class 'ZipArchive' not found in

This is the error I get when trying to update a plugin. oxwall/ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers/plugins.php on line 401

When I first installed Oxwall, I got the same error message when I activated the plugins.

The difference is that they did indeed install.

Update does not update and adding new plugins does not add.

In each case it is a problem with the was some servers handle the calls in plugins.php.

I would like to use Oxwall, but if it does not install the security plugins that I need to run it, that won't be feasible for me.

I may try to install it on one of my other servers and see if it has the same issue.

ross Team
ross May 26 '14

windwalker, make sure you have both zip and zlib module installed on yours server, don't forget to restart your server. 

joe
joe Jan 29 '15
Hi Ross, am new to all this too, and like others am having issues with plugin updates,it wont do updates even though it says there is 22 updates available, please help
ross Team
ross Jan 29 '15
What exact issues do you have?