We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

No registration mails | Forum

Blukkie
Blukkie Apr 14 '14
My oxwall site doesnt want to send registration emails anymore since a few days. Email of registered users keep stuck on Unverified..

I can't figure out how this problem suddenly started. I sended a Mass email to myself and that seemed to work, but only because my email is from the same domain. A other account (gmail) didnt get the email.

I cant find ourselves on some kind of blacklist.
Also we dont use the SMTP settings to send site mails from oxwall. We never did.

I asked for email logs from our hoster, but did not get respond yet..

Anyone with some idea's i can try?

Silvio
Silvio Apr 14 '14
check in spam or logs of your website... i'd some problema with hotmail, live, outlook and all microsoft emails , then i discovered that microsoft had blocked the ISP IP due spam attacks (not my site, but ip's are often shared)... just do a check which email are blocked and if they're directed to the same provider maybe you found the problem
Blukkie
Blukkie Apr 14 '14
Thank you Silvio. But shouldnt it then be blocked at checks like MXToolbox.com? 
My DirectAdmin only tells me that today 44 emaisl where send. (No more information than that i'm afriad, thats why I tried to contact my host about it)
Silvio
Silvio Apr 14 '14
check under /var/mail

if you find something like this it means the IP is blacklisted by the receiver.. you send the email, but it doesnt mean it has been delivered ;)

This is the mail system at host YOURSITENAME

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<Example@hotmail.it>: host mx4.hotmail.com[65.55.37.104] said: 550 SC-001

(COL0-MC3-F26) Unfortunately, messages from THE IP OF YOUR USP weren't sent.

Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network

is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to

http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors. (in reply to MAIL

FROM command)

Blukkie
Blukkie Apr 14 '14
Hmm yes, we seem to be blocked.
Strainge because we have 'click to unsuscribe' links everywhere and we dont mail much..

Is it even possible to get out of that 'spam-list'? Or any alternatives? 
Blukkie
Blukkie Apr 14 '14
Ah.. i found the problem. I used the plugin Reminder Notifications , not knowing that its illegal to send reminders at most hosting providers..

Removed it, but can I do something to get back in action? Or is the domain screwed because of that mistake?
tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 14 '14
In time ur rating will get better and sending reminders is ok and not ur problem the problem is the email the plugin sends at the bottom theres no way for the recipient to opt out of receiving the email which is against all email guidelines 

Change the email wording to somthing like this

Dear username

You are receiving this email  from sitename as you agread to on signing up

Friend request stuff

Thanks 

Sitename

To unsubscribe from this type of email please click here

The here in above needs link to the profile edit notifications settings for the reminder plugin

tammy harris
tammy harris Apr 14 '14
And Check bounced emails every day and suspend delete or what ever u like to do with every user that email bounces

Do a search here on emails I have posted a forum on it and theres a cool email domain check that will tell you every problem you are having 

If u cant find it pm me il find the link for u

The Forum post is edited by tammy harris Apr 14 '14
Blukkie
Blukkie Apr 14 '14
Yes, but i had unsubscibe links at every email! very clear and one click. Thats why I'm so confused right now. In my opinion I did not spam anything, very clear and always unsubscribe links (and tested).

But thank you Tammy, will look for your post now. This is a hell..

Blukkie
Blukkie Apr 14 '14
Alright, for now I use SMTP settings with mandrillapp. All emails go trough again and come nice in post-in; tested with outlook.com + gmail.com.

Somehow I'm still afraid its because of the Reminder Notifications. Thats the new thing I've been using few days ago..

This email thing is not really my street of knowledge. That mandrillapp SMTP seems to work nice and well. You guys think there are negative sides on this?