We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

News Feed Generation | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Primo Zio
Primo Zio Apr 14 '14
Hi All!

I am developing a web-service for my installation of oxwall and was wondering how exactly are the tables for newfeed read?  Is there an open schema anywhere to help with this?  What I need is given a user I need all of their recent newfeeds.  Thanks for any help on this guys!
ross Team
ross Apr 14 '14
Primo, tables from the database for newsfeeds (index, dashboard and profile) are read via event_handler.php file. However in order to assist you better we need to know what you're trying achieve. Please elaborate. 
Primo Zio
Primo Zio Apr 16 '14
Hi Ross, Thanks for your response, I have started decoding and making heads and tails of it.  My goal is to turn any given users newsfeed into xml or a csv to be more like a web service.  Thanks for any help :-)
ross Team
ross Apr 17 '14
Here's the structure

ow_plugins/newsfeed/classes/driver.php collects the info from databases and send it to ow_plugins/newsfeed/components/feed.php this file processes the info and sends it to feed_list.php which, in it's turn breaks down the info and send it to feed_item.php which displays the received information. 

You can take a look at the method in driver.php file on line 78: 

$activityList = $this->findActivityList($this->params, array_values($this->actionIdList));

which is used for displaying info. Hope that helps