We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Newbie here (Video Embed codes)[Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Scott
Scott Apr 28 '14

Hello all :D

First off..I want to give a whole lot of props out to the creators of this Oxwall awesomery...it's exactly what I have been searching for. *insert cheers emote here* 

I have quite a few questions...I''ll start with this one

How come only "Old Youtube embed" codes work in the Video section and Blogs

When I use a normal code it reads

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /video/add/index/ could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The Forum post is edited by ross May 1 '14
ross Team
ross Apr 28 '14
Contact your hosting provider and request to disable mod_security module on your server. Please do the search on forum, before posting, this topic has already been discussed. 
Scott
Scott Apr 28 '14
Quote from ross Contact your hosting provider and request to disable mod_security module on your server. Please do the search on forum, before posting, this topic has already been discussed. 

Ahh ok..Thanks for the answer!
ross Team
ross Apr 28 '14
No problem, please let us know if that works, so we could mark the topic as Solved. 
Scott
Scott Apr 29 '14
I got this response from my Host

[b]mod_security is not enabled on our legacy platform (Plesk).  If you do not have a Plesk account, please contact support.[/b]

ahh confusion reigns even deeper now

20 Hours a Day
20 Hours a Day Apr 29 '14
@Scott & Ross,

Been battling this 406 error stuff for over a week now, first Godaddy(Wild West Domains) identified the errors within the mod_security module and wrote new rules.  When that failed, they disabled mod_security all together, so-they-say.  I can not go completely live with my site until these issues are resolved and at this point I need a recommendation on moving to another host with great plans to handle my traffic and most of all -- NO mod_security 406 errors.

--------------------------------------------------------

Dear Robert,
Thank you for your response.
In regard to the mod_security associated with yourdomain.com, as advised, the settings have been disabled for the hosting account.  At this time, we are requesting any additional information from Oxwall.org where the 406 errors are persisting.
Please let us know if we may assist you further in the interim.
Regards,
Suzi D.
Professional Hosting Services

---------------------------------------------------------------------

On one of my last phone conversations with a Godaddy tier III admin, he said that the OW app was poorly written for modern times and maybe the app should be removed from the Godaddy cpanel.  There is alot of dispute about enabling mod_sec or disabling it.  It is written on many sites, including cpanel.org, that mod_sec is one of the oldest and easiest exploits to use when gaining access to a site that has it disabled.  If that is true, then why does OW encourage us to disable it to get things working right?  Do we have to worry about exploits when disabling mod_security? Is OW 1.6.1 going to address mod_sec with different development?

I just want our site working, any suggestions -- I'm getting nowhere with Godaddy(Wild West Domains)?

The Forum post is edited by 20 Hours a Day Apr 29 '14
Scott
Scott Apr 30 '14
Thanks for the intel Robert... Please let us know when you finding another host..
ross Team
ross Apr 30 '14
Scott, from your words, I think you have not resolved the issue yet. Have you told your hosting company about the error you get?
20 Hours a Day
20 Hours a Day May 1 '14
Scott, Took the advice of @ross and moved from Godaddy to another host.  HostforWeb, listed under http://www.oxwall.org/hosting ; -- did a fantastic job of migrating our sites over, which literally took only 4 hours (from account creation to up-and-running).  They have awesome live support chat, continuous follow-ups and are very knowledgeable!  As long as they continue to do so, then we will promote their service. 

From what we can tell, no more troubles with mod_security, and HostforWeb didn't even disable it all the way -- they just know from experience which items within the security module need extra attention. New video codes post without that annoying 406 error. 

HostforWeb handled the entire migration from GD to themselves.  Received an email within 2 hours that indicated the migration was complete including; our cron settings, addon domains and all of our email accounts.  Because we chose to leave our domain name with GD for now; all we had to was change our DNS Zone to reflect our new dedicated server IP that HostforWeb assigned to us, and update our nameservers -- which only took about and hour to propagate.

I want to give a special shoutout to Ross, who really handled our questions with accuracy and deserves a very worthy thumbs up!
The Forum post is edited by 20 Hours a Day May 1 '14
Scott
Scott May 1 '14
Quote from ross Scott, from your words, I think you have not resolved the issue yet. Have you told your hosting company about the error you get?

Yeah, they told me to get a different server O_O

You can close this topic if you want.

Quote from Robert Scott, Took the advice of @ross and moved from Godaddy to another host.  HostforWeb, listed under http://www.oxwall.org/hosting ; -- did a fantastic job of migrating our sites over, which literally took only 4 hours (from account creation to up-and-running).  They have awesome live support chat, continuous follow-ups and are very knowledgeable!  As long as they continue to do so, then we will promote their service. 

From what we can tell, no more troubles with mod_security, and HostforWeb didn't even disable it all the way -- they just know from experience which items within the security module need extra attention. New video codes post without that annoying 406 error. 

HostforWeb handled the entire migration from GD to themselves.  Received an email within 2 hours that indicated the migration was complete including; our cron settings, addon domains and all of our email accounts.  Because we chose to leave our domain name with GD for now; all we had to was change our DNS Zone to reflect our new dedicated server IP that HostforWeb assigned to us, and update our nameservers -- which only took about and hour to propagate.

I want to give a special shoutout to Ross, who really handled our questions with accuracy and deserves a very worthy thumbs up!

Thanks again Robert