We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Questions while trying the demo on your website - catalog | Forum

gsn enter
gsn enter May 8 '14
Hello sir, 

I was testing the demo section to see if it suits my needs, seems like it will work for me but I have a few questions , kindly assist.

- Uploading picture got error during add of an item - "Error 500Internal Server Error. "
- Already existing fields such as location, title, price, how to remove them or change them ? 
- What is the purpose of a HOME section? Is it like giving instructions ?

Thank you and I appreciate your quick response on this.

Alexandr Makarov
Alexandr Makarov May 9 '14

What is the purpose of a HOME section? Is it like giving instructions ?

home section is optional. you can enable or disable it. It can contain widgets, search form etc. Some users like to use it

Already existing fields such as location, title, price, how to remove them or change them ? 

You can hide location and price field in options. Title is a requred field and can not be removed

Uploading picture got error during add of an item - "Error 500Internal Server Error. "

Some problems with my hoting probably, i'll check it out. As far as I know photos are working normally for my users

gsn enter
gsn enter May 9 '14
Hi there, 

Thank you for your quick response.

So you mean I should uncheck the following two in SETTINGS? I do not see OPTIONS.

Use Google MapsUse prices for catalog item

Also, Is there a way to hide the review section on the item?

Also, would you be selling this plugin as is or you can make some changes to suit our needs? 

thanks again.

Alexandr Makarov
Alexandr Makarov May 9 '14
Also, Is there a way to hide the review section on the item?

You can remove review widget from item details page

Also, would you be selling this plugin as is or you can make some changes to suit our needs? 

I'm selling it as is

gsn enter
gsn enter May 9 '14
< I combined all questions into one. I have already purchased the plugin and few more questions. Thanks again >

Hi there,

Another question, Can i install this plugin twice in my same domain ?
- I have a need to have a customer post their requirements and another need to have customer post what they want to sell. Kindly assist. thank you

- New items created by Admin doesnt show in Newsfeed, is there a problem or what needs to be done ?

- How to bring Location field to Search Page ?

- Uploading picture seems to take a lot of time and never comes back quickly as uploaded but when i go back and click on Add photos again, I see the status message comes up saying Photos Uploaded. Why is this ?

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by gsn enter May 10 '14
gsn enter
gsn enter May 10 '14
Alexandar - Can you please assist me with my questions, thank you again,
Alexandr Makarov
Alexandr Makarov May 11 '14
Another question, Can i install this plugin twice in my same domain ? 

No

- New items created by Admin doesnt show in Newsfeed, is there a problem or what needs to be done ?

This should be enabled in newsfeed settings: /admin/plugins/newsfeed/customization

- How to bring Location field to Search Page ?

You cant search by map location, its only used for map display

- Uploading picture seems to take a lot of time and never comes back quickly as uploaded but when i go back and click on Add photos again, I see the status message comes up saying Photos Uploaded. Why is this ?

I'm not sure, but it seems like some kind of server issue. please send me a private message with url, and some user login/password from your site, so i can try and see the problem myself

The Forum post is edited by Alexandr Makarov May 11 '14
gsn enter
gsn enter May 19 '14
hello Alexandr, 

The recently edited item doesnt come to the top, only the recently added NEW ITEM stays in the top. Is there a way to bring the recently edited item to come to top, this will be very helpful, thanks

Alexandr Makarov
Alexandr Makarov May 19 '14
its possible with custom code modification
You do not have permission to reply this topic