We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

no follow option for posts? - Newsfeed | Forum

Joseph
Joseph May 10 '14
This is suppose to be a facebook style newsfeed correct? Why can we not follow posts meaning when we comment on a post we should start receiving notifications from that post this plugin is falsely advertised it is incomplete.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software May 15 '14
Make a suggestion on uservoice, please
Joseph
Joseph May 15 '14
uservoice takes forever and why do we need to go to a third party website to make a suggestion? why cant we suggest right here on oxwall can your own product not handle a voting system?
Skatanka
Skatanka May 19 '14
Newsfeed makes no use of ajax,bootstrap, so its not realtime.... pfff wat a joke
Joseph
Joseph May 19 '14
highly doubt I will be justified with a response here Oxwall never answers pressing questions like the one of why we have to use a third party site
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software May 21 '14
Joseph, we will take you suggestion into consideration, however there is a bigger chance for us to implement this feature, if it gets more voices from other community members, therefore we'll see a necessity to create it.
Uservoice it is not a third-party website, this is our website to rate features and plugin suggestions to ease our and community members workflow.
Joseph
Joseph May 22 '14
so why not just have a voting system here on oxwall and why is there no link in the footer for this? why must we always have to ask for the link?
Captain FLAM
Captain FLAM May 28 '14
I can manage this, if there is some people ready to pay my working time ... :)
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jun 5 '14
Well, we use it because we feel very comfortable to work with it. Why we need to reinvent the wheel, if there's a solution acceptable for us while doing our work.
Joseph
Joseph Jun 5 '14
no one is asking you to reinvent the wheel just to finish a half made wheel social sites are simple you post something and when there is a response the responder follows the post to stay on the conversation that is called socializing now both parties stay in the conversation and users spend more time on the website 
You do not have permission to reply this topic