We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Tumblr RSS to Gallery Photo Plugin | Forum

dave Leader
dave May 19 '14
I have a tumblr rss feed on my main page and i have it set for 5 items. 

Issue:  once those items (images) are rotated by tumblr then they are gone.  I have had members ask me what ever happened to such and such photo.  I just tell them its gone unless someone reposts it on tumblr.  

Solution:  Would be nice to have a plugin which takes each item (image) received by the rss feed and resize it (as the image upload does) and then post in a special site gallery called tumbler or whatever..  

This way if someone wants to see an image that has already been cycled out all they have to do is go to that gallery and there it is along with the rest of them. 

It will need to check for duplicates also and not post if it (the image name) already exits. 

This probably means that the gallery will grow fast so those with limited space on shared hosting need to know that.  You will just have to purge them once in a while if that is the case. 

Any devs want to take this project on?

The Forum post is edited by dave May 19 '14
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories May 20 '14
I urge you to check out IFTT.com or as a matter of fact I do believe I-dragons social share picture plugin would do it. 

dave Leader
dave May 20 '14
Thanks but i think thats for android only thought.  Im not to where i need to be on mobile apps as yet, i need a server ap or local plugin ap not just mobile.   :)   and i think its IFTTT.com right?