We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

still not connected with credits plugin? - Paid Membership | Forum

Kostia
Kostia May 25 '14
hy,still not connected with credits plugin?
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC May 28 '14
Kostia, can you describe in which way those two plugins can be connected? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Kostia
Kostia May 28 '14
hy, that user could pay for merbership by credits:)
The Forum post is edited by Kostia May 28 '14
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Jun 4 '14
Kostia, membership plugin is connected to Oxwall's user roles feature. User roles control whether users can do certain action or not. For example: our "Free" role doesn't allow to add any content on the site, and "VIP" role allows to do everything.

To purchase membership for credits, user needs to earn credits first.

To earn credits he needs to make certain action ( ex. add photo or video).
To make the action user needs to get a user role that allows to do those actions ( in our case VIP role). 
To get the user role user needs to purchase the membership.

As you can see we will end up in neverending circle.

That is why User credits plugin is connected directly with actions. User can earn or lose credits for actions. When user is losing credits for adding a blog, for example, it is the same as he would have purchased ability to add blogs, since when user doesn't have enough credits to complete certain action, he will be asked to purchase them.

Kostia
Kostia Jun 4 '14
Quote from Skalfa LLC Kostia, membership plugin is connected to Oxwall's user roles feature. User roles control whether users can do certain action or not. For example: our "Free" role doesn't allow to add any content on the site, and "VIP" role allows to do everything.

To earn credits he needs to make certain action ( ex. add photo or video).
To make the action user needs to get a user role that allows to do those actions ( in our case VIP role). 
To get the user role user needs to purchase the membership.

As you can see we will end up in neverending circle.

That is why User credits plugin is connected directly with actions. User can earn or lose credits for actions. When user is losing credits for adding a blog, for example, it is the same as he would have purchased ability to add blogs, since when user doesn't have enough credits to complete certain action, he will be asked to purchase them.

bu i dont understood,, can member buy membership

Is it possible to add this line in payment

The Forum post is edited by Kostia Jun 4 '14
Elizabeth
Elizabeth Aug 15 '14
I have the same question as Kostia. I have certain things capable of only specific member roles regardless of credits and want my members to be able to pay to upgrade their membership - by credit or money. Such an ability would make this plug in even more useful.
Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 20 '14
Guys, I have searched the Store and found a number of gateways that allow to purchase memberships. One of them allows to purchase memberships via Credits ( exactly what you guys wanted). Search the store by "payment" keyword.

Kostia
Kostia Aug 20 '14

Quote from Skalfa LLC Guys, I have searched the Store and found a number of gateways that allow to purchase memberships. One of them allows to purchase memberships via Credits ( exactly what you guys wanted). Search the store by "payment" keyword.

could you sent my a link off plugin which allows to do that, because i searched i haven`t found it..  are you tallking about this http://www.oxwall.org/store/item/706 ?? because i really dont understood how it works..user needs to buy 'credit point'  that he could buy 'user credits' and then he could buy any funkcion on website ( ???)

Skalfa LLC Partner
Skalfa LLC Aug 28 '14
Hello Kostia, yes I was referring to that plugin. It is better to contact plugin's developer  to find out how exactly this plugin works with "Paid Membership". From what I understood it works like a payment gateway and when user purchases something, certain amount of credits is subtracted from his account and gets whatever he was purchasing in return ( ex. he gets new membership)
You do not have permission to reply this topic