We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Chat Loading in Pop-up Windows - iFlyChat | Forum

Musik
Musik May 29 '14
The chat appears to be loading in the pop-up windows that appear when you want to add an image to a forum post. It looks like this:

iFlyChat
iFlyChat May 29 '14
Yes, the chat is designed to load on all pages (unless filtered). You may filter out certain URLs by adding them on our chat plugin's settings page. Could you please try this out?

Thanks!

Musik
Musik May 30 '14
Thanks for the quick reply. I gave this a try and couldn't get it to work for the iframes. I also tested it on basic URLs such as the index and blogs as well.

I was copy/pasting the entire URL in the iFlyChat Visibility field. Is this the correct way to do this or am I missing something? Thanks!
The Forum post is edited by Musik May 30 '14
Vivek
Vivek May 30 '14
@Ari
Use like this ,
For example:
Suppose your website url is - www.oxwall.org
and you want to disable the chat on page lets say www.oxwall.org/admin/plugins
,You just enter 'admin/plugins' without quotes in iFlyChat visibility field.
The Forum post is edited by Vivek May 30 '14
iFlyChat
iFlyChat Jun 2 '14
Hi Ari,

We have release a new update to fix this issue.

In order to use our URL filter, you need to enter one sub-path (without domain name) per line in the iFlyChat Visibility textarea. Also, the sub-path should not begin with a forward slash. For example, you may enter admin/plugins/iflychat to disable chat at iFlyChat Settings page.

Thanks!

The Forum post is edited by iFlyChat Jun 2 '14
Musik
Musik Jun 2 '14
Thanks! I installed the update and it's working as intended now. Thanks to the patch, there was no need to add URLs to fix the issue I described in the OP.

@iFlyChat and Vivek: I also tested the URL filter function as you recounted and it worked perfectly, so I can use that function properly in the future. Thanks!
iFlyChat
iFlyChat Jun 2 '14

Glad to hear this!

Thank you for confirming.

You do not have permission to reply this topic