We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Add Sign In / Sign Up button to custom page | Forum

Eric
Eric May 29 '14
I want to add a custom page as the first page people see. I have the page written and the rewrite added to .htaccess so I can see the page. How can I add the SignIn/SignUp button that is at the top of the standard index page?
Alia Team
Alia Jun 3 '14
Eric, I assume that you have created an external custom page.
Buttons at the top of standard index page are part of the console ( when user is loged in same console show another set of features instead of sign in and sign up).
Since you are using external custom page, you will not be able to add core console functionality to it easily.

The only solution in your case, is creating your own .html for "Sign in" and "Sign up" buttons and add a link to /sign-in and /join pages.

Is there a specific reason why you have decided to use external page and not a local one?
Eric
Eric Jun 10 '14
Hi Aliia,

Thanks for the reply. I decided to make a custom page from inside the admin panel. This accomplished everything I needed and it looks a heck of a lot better than the other one I had.