We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Amazon S3 Usage is Resetting Everything | Forum

Kev
Kev Jun 6 '14
Hi guys,

I want to use Amazon S3 to host all of user files. So I followed this guide in order to set it all up.

So I did it, and once I enabled the new version of config.php (the one with the Amazon S3 config in it) all of my sites artwork changed back to the themes default. Also, all of the custom CSS that I had written was reset as well.

The user content was still all there, but when I checked the link, it was still pointing at my site, rather than at Amazon S3. I followed the instructions to the letter, so am I missing something stupid?

For now, I've left Amazon S3 turn off. But if someone could help me, that would be awesome. The URL for my site is http://motorbikecommunity.com.

Thanks,

Kev

ross Team
ross Jun 8 '14
Kev, please provide screenshot or the content of your config.php file and the steps you took while configuring Amazon. 
Kev
Kev Jun 9 '14
You can download my config file from here (it wouldn't let me attach it). I've removed anything security based, like the DB info, password salt, and my Amazon keys. Here's the process I followed:

1) Used the Firefox Amazon S3 plugin to create a new bucket.

2) Uploaded my ow_userfiles folder to the bucket.

3) Edited ACL on new bucket and set "everyone" to read. Applied this to sub-folders.

4) Edited my config file as attached.

5) Cleared the cache on my site.

That's the whole process I went though. After this, all my theme files and customisations returned to default.

Thanks,

Kev

The Forum post is edited by Kev Jun 9 '14
ross Team
ross Jun 9 '14
Config.php please?
Kev
Kev Jun 9 '14
I've just edited my last comment. It wouldn't let me attach the file, there's now a link.
ross Team
ross Jun 9 '14
Link is broken

Kev
Kev Jun 9 '14
Sorry, forgot to compress the file, try this link: http://files.kevq.me/mbc-config.zip
ross Team
ross Jun 9 '14
I will need access and start key for Amazon and Cpanel access details for your website in PM please.
Kev
Kev Jun 9 '14
Can I ask what for? It's just that it's a production site, so I'm reluctant to give out those details. I'm sure you understand.

I'd rather you tell me where I'm going wrong so I can fix it, and learn myself for next time.

Cheers Ross,

Kev

ross Team
ross Jun 9 '14
I need to double check the details you indicated in config.php
Kev
Kev Jun 9 '14
Ok, I'll compile all the details and PM you. Please don't make any changes without talking to me first though.
ross Team
ross Jun 9 '14
Ok, it is done. 
Kev
Kev Jun 9 '14
It's not done! I specifically asked you not to make any changes without speaking to me first! As before, all the theme files have resorted to their default values.
ross Team
ross Jun 9 '14
How could I check whether it is working not applying the changes for the Amazon settings? What files and what are their default values.?
Kev
Kev Jun 9 '14
If you had checked the website before making any changes, then checked again, you would have seen the differences. Common sense really.

I've changed my passwords, don't worry about it, I'll work this out myself on a development site. I'm very frustrated that you made changes without my permission.