We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

[SOLVED] How to translate page created with menu ? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Clement Peronneaud
Clement Peronneaud Jun 7 '14
Hi,

I did not find any info about this and can't find any way to do it, smarty code is ignored. Are pages created by menu static and not translatable ?

Thanks
The Forum post is edited by Clement Peronneaud Jun 9 '14
ross Team
ross Jun 8 '14
I'm sorry Clement you need to elaborate your issue. How did you create your page and what exactly do you want to translate?
Clement Peronneaud
Clement Peronneaud Jun 9 '14
Hi,

I'm talking about the pages linked to menu when we create them through admin : Pages & Menus
Here I can create an HTML page which will be displayed when the visitor click the link.

My question is quite simple : if I have 2 languages on my site, how can I translate those pages ? I want to translate all of the content of the page. I can't use Smarty or PHP inside so what's the solution ?

Thanks
ross Team
ross Jun 9 '14

you need to choose the language you want to edit

- then type www.domain.com/admin/dev-tools/languages and find the created page by keyword and add your translation

e.g. if the key is like that: {Text key = '+ base page_4929076'} I recommend you to search by 4929076 as the result will be more precise. 

Clement Peronneaud
Clement Peronneaud Jun 9 '14
Hi,

I forgot Oxwall still creates a key in languages for local pages.

However the key format is like this : local_page_content_page_<number> (Oxwall 1.6.0)

Anyway that solves my problem.

Thanks for your help !
ross Team
ross Jun 9 '14
Great!