We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Problems Updating to 1.2.4 | Forum

Derek
Derek Sep 20 '11
Hello
I did an update to the latest core version and am having problems
after updating the core to 1.2.4 the admin panel said I had 9 plug in updates available.
The first i did was the newsfeed update, i did that and it came back with The source code of 'Newsfeed' plugin was updated. Need to update plugin DB.

It will not let me do that and also crashes the site. 
I was able to get the site restored by uploading the old version of \ow_plugins\newsfeed\components.

Meanwhile in the Admin area nothing works I am stuck with the page that asks me to "The source code of 'Newsfeed' plugin was updated. Need to update plugin DB."

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Den Team
Den Sep 22 '11
How did you update to the latest version? It seems that you did a manual update and downloaded Full new version except update pack.
Derek
Derek Sep 27 '11
thanks for the reply ... yes i did do a manual update, I thought i downloaded the update pack ... in any case I just downloaded the update pack now and overwrote all previous files but I still have the same problem ... I can't do anything in the admin panel
Den Team
Den Sep 28 '11
It seems that you downloaded full version and overwrite it with current. IN this way, you need to restore from backup your previos version and update it manually with Update Pack.