We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

cron job doesn't work after site moved to new server | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Carlos
Carlos Sep 21 '11
Hello, cron job was working fine in my old server (arvixe) after i move my website to bluehost it stop working, i already set the correct path to run.php file,   /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/ow_cron/run.php  but doesn't work anyway

Best regards
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Sep 21 '11
Do you use the complete crontab line include the start of the PHP-Parser ?

0-59    *       *       *       *      /usr/bin/php -q  /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

or the right path of your PHP-Parser
The Forum post is edited by FaceTester Sep 21 '11
Carlos
Carlos Sep 21 '11
I use this path only
/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/ow_cron/run.php
Andre Pan
Andre Pan Sep 21 '11
Hi Carlos,

The php path for bluehost is /ramdisk/bin/php5 , and please confirm your root directory in bluehost cPanel's left column, some members will find it's "home1" or "home2" than "home", and actually these are all mentioned in bluehost's help doc, so don't forget to consult help doc always in advance :)

https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/168

Quote from Carlos I use this path only
/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/ow_cron/run.php

Carlos
Carlos Sep 22 '11
Thanks for reply Andre Pan, but i get  this error

/home8/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_cron/run.php: line 1: ?php: No such file or directory
/home8/xxxxx/public_html/ow_cron/run.php: line 3: /0: Permission denied
/home8/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_cron/run.php: line 4: access-logs: command not found
/home8/xxxxx/public_html/ow_cron/run.php: line 5: syntax error near unexpected token `('
/home8/xxxxx/public_html/ow_cron/run.php: line 5: ` * The contents of this file are subject to the Common Public Attribution License Version 1.0 (the “License”);'

and using this path /ramdisk/bin/php5/home8/xxxxx/public_html/ow_cron/run.php
it display this error
/bin/sh: /ramdisk/bin/php5/home8/xxxxx/public_html/ow_cron/run.php: Not a directory

my website is http://relojdedios.com

Regards
The Forum post is edited by Carlos Sep 22 '11
Andre Pan
Andre Pan Sep 22 '11
Are you sure you write the command properly? I saw you missed a space between php statement and script path, it should be liek this: /ramdisk/bin/php5 /home8/xxxxxx/public_html/ow_cron/run.php
Carlos
Carlos Sep 22 '11
Thanks for your help  Andre Pan, it's working fine now

Best regards
Andre Pan
Andre Pan Sep 22 '11
You're welcome, pleasure to help :)