We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

CHANGE JOIN URL LINK [Answered] | Forum

Wilson
Wilson Jun 23 '14
Been looking around but haven’t had any luck…if this question has been asked before please link the page and I will look into it to see if its what I need done.

I’m trying to change the url of the join page mysite.com/oxwall/join  to something else like mysite.com/oxwall/signup-now…I’m trying to kill bots searching for “join” pages and attacking my site.

Wilson
The Forum post is edited by Wilson Jun 24 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 24 '14
try go to admin/pages/ and change the name 
Wilson
Wilson Jun 24 '14

Thanks for the help Tammy but that just changes the title of the link. I'm trying to change the true URL link from mysite.com/oxwall/join.php to something like mysite.com/signup-now.php  I want to change the URL...bots look for join.php pages in searches and attach that site. So I've been reading in a few forums how to prevent bots from attacking your site. This is one of the 1st things to do....change your "JOIN.php" page to something a bit harder for bots to find.

Wilson

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 24 '14
look in  system plugin/ base/ init.php   
somewhere in there should be your answe
Wilson
Wilson Jun 24 '14

Yes ma’am, that was the place to find it. Here’s the code for others the change to whatever they like too. I tested it and it registered the new user just fine after the change.

Look in  /system plugin/ base/ init.php

before change:
$router->addRoute(new OW_Route('base_join', 'join', 'BASE_CTRL_Join', 'index'))

after change:
$router->addRoute(new OW_Route('base_join', 'join-now', 'BASE_CTRL_Join', 'index'))

Now when you click onto “Sign Up” it will now say in the address bar…mysite.com/join-now instead of saying mysite.com/join

I think this did what I was trying to do but I’ll have to wait and see if bots keep attacking….Thanks Tammy for the help! Need to buy you a beer found…lol

Wilson

ben
ben Jun 25 '14
try "join?", is it oxwall bug? join join? duplicate url or oxwall working this way
ben
ben Jun 25 '14
many bots using "join?"
ben
ben Jun 25 '14
or
/base/join/join-form-submit/
Georg
Georg Jan 9 '16
dont work ?

$router->addRoute(new OW_Route('base_join', 'example', 'BASE_CTRL_Join', 'index'))

but register button gos only to /join ... 

Cache delete ... 

any ideas ?