We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Search and change of language keys | Forum

Martin Philipps
Martin Philipps Jun 24 '14

Actually this is a suggestion for a new Oxwall update (1.7 ?) but I didn't find any section for suggestions in the forum...

If a key is not translated then the name of the key itself is shown on the page, thats GOOD.

But Oxwall should allow searching tis KEY NAME to edit it directly !

It is a PAIN to look for a missing language key if there are hundreds missing ! Often one needs to change just ONE key.

For exemple I have a key with NO translation, neither english nor any other language I use. SO how can I find this to translate? It's nearly impossible. PLEASE give us the option to look not only for a value of a key but for the key name itself - and then to change its value!!!!

Thank you for your consideration! 

ross Team
ross Jun 24 '14
It can be done in the current version, you need to type www.domain.com/admin/dev-tools/languages the tick box "in keys" will appear next to the search area, when you tick it, the search will be done in keys only. 
Martin Philipps

oups, my bad, I overlooked it !

But Thank you very much for your quick help!!!

Still I have a problem: My privacy settings site shows the key

"qa+privacy_action_answer_qa_questions" because the value is missing. Now I used the key search as you describedbut no such key is found...! What can I do now?

It's like the plugin author forgot to define the key in his language pack but the privacy settings somehow knows the key...

Martin Philipps

I think it is not found because of the "+" character! That is replaced before the search starts - and then nothing found. I had a similar problem before. I used a value "+Cadeau" (French for "Add a gift" nw I can't find this value because the + sign seems to be not allowed. And the simple search for "Cadeau" does not find "+Cadeau" because it's considered a different word.

Seems to be the same with the key where the "+" sign is used in the search

ross Team
ross Jun 24 '14
just look by the keywords

e.g. qa+privacy_action_answer_qa_questions 

look forprivacy then

Martin Philipps
I did, but the key does not exist. So I added it in the qa.xml language file (as the developper suggested to me) and uploaded the new language file for the plugin in. Now I can find the key and its value, but on the privacy page I still only see the key name... It's strange.
ross Team
ross Jun 24 '14
Try to click on the Save this page button in the language section, to clear the cache and check again, also you may enable dev mode and refresh the page. Don't forget to disable it. 
Martin Philipps
Well, I translated the key to French and in the French version its ok. The original English (which I added first by hand to the file) does not yet work, I guess its a question of the cache as you suggested. It will probably show up after some time