We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook comments | Forum

Bazzabingbong
Bazzabingbong Jun 25 '14
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to add Facebook comments to blogs, so my blogs can be commented and shared easier.

Thanks
Alia Team
Alia Jun 26 '14
Bazzabingbong, what do you mean by "Facebook comments" ?
Oxwall Accessories
Oxwall Accessories Jun 26 '14
He wants to add the facebook comment section to his website in select areas. This would be the facebook api you would need to use. I believe you will only need to add two lines of code.

https://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/comments 

The Forum post is edited by Oxwall Accessories Jun 26 '14
Bazzabingbong
Bazzabingbong Jun 27 '14
Thanks Oxwall accessories, however where within the oxwall files would i add these lines of info, and would i need to remove any lines to add these 2

Bazzabingbong
Bazzabingbong Jun 27 '14
Got it however can anyone tell me how i can set it up so each individual blog has its own Facebook comment section as where  i've added the code each comment add to every blog.
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 27 '14
you need to get the current url and thats a bit hard i have tried a few ways 
2 i actually got to work but they stuff other parts my site up so i have given up on it 
if you work it out id love to know how 

Bazzabingbong
Bazzabingbong Jun 28 '14
i think looking at it there's no way to do it, without having the same comment box within each blog, the easiest way would be to create a new comment box for each post, but that cant be done, so i think i'm gonna have to stick this one out as it is, unless someone codes it in a way that it adds a new FB comment box with every post

Thanks Guys