We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

verification e-mail | Forum

Andy Tan
Andy Tan Jun 25 '14
Hi,

this is my first try with an Oxwall installation, and already stumbled with the verification e-mail. Browsing through the forum I've learned I do not necessarily need to set up an SMTP account for sending out verification e-mails. 

Worse, prior to receiving the verification e-mail I am completely blocked from accessing the website and presented with a re-send form. 

My Oxwall was automatic installed through Justhost's Simple Script, so I wasn't very familiar with all the installation settings.

Could it be the reason for the failed verification process?

Thanks.

ross Team
ross Jun 25 '14
I'm sorry did you get the verification e-mail or not?
Andy Tan
Andy Tan Jun 26 '14

Quote from ross I'm sorry did you get the verification e-mail or not?

I never did, actually. And so were my friends. I had to go in as admin and force them manually to let them pass and help me to test the site. I tried with my own 3 e-mails accounts, all failed.

I only have one active hosting at the moment, so I can't test whether it's my hosting problem or not.

The Forum post is edited by Andy Tan Jun 26 '14
ross Team
ross Jun 26 '14
Verification e-mail is sent out directly via mail server, so the problem is obviously there. 
Andy Tan
Andy Tan Jun 26 '14

Quote from ross Verification e-mail is sent out directly via mail server, so the problem is obviously there. 

Justhost always refused to provide any level of support for 3rd party software, while I'm clueless about webserver settings. Would you care to point out where I can start looking? 

Currently I reset the Oxwall SMTP setting to default. New users still stuck at verification step.

ross Team
ross Jun 26 '14
I'm sorry i'm not an adept in the server configuration or settings you need to wait for the reply from your provider's support team
Andy Tan
Andy Tan Jun 27 '14

Quote from ross I'm sorry i'm not an adept in the server configuration or settings you need to wait for the reply from your provider's support team

My first bet was to contact them and they simply refused to provide any. Not their responsibility.

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 27 '14
what hosting do u have ???
Andy Tan
Andy Tan Jun 28 '14

Quote from Tammy what hosting do u have ???

Justhost.com. They said it's the software problem therefore they won't help out. 

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 28 '14
put a ample contact us script on the server and try it 
Andy Tan
Andy Tan Jun 30 '14

Quote from Tammy put a ample contact us script on the server and try it 

I am getting on it right now...

Doesn't seem to be working. E-mail from another member works fine though. Online chat is also working perfectly.

The Forum post is edited by Andy Tan Jun 30 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 30 '14
email from another member ???
Andy Tan
Andy Tan Jun 30 '14

Quote from Tammy email from another member ???

I had another friend to help me testing Oxwall. We can write each other back and forth after I manually validate her account. The "Contact Us" plug-ins is not working properly. I never got the test e-mail sent from it.

ross Team
ross Jun 30 '14
Andy as I noted before those validation e-mail send out directly to the mail server, which means they cannot reach there, there' something wrong with their mail server. 
Andy Tan
Andy Tan Jun 30 '14

Quote from ross Andy as I noted before those validation e-mail send out directly to the mail server, which means they cannot reach there, there' something wrong with their mail server. 

Since the hosting is not cooperating very well, how do I get to the bottom of this? Switch hosting? They are reluctant to solve this, the hosting.

tammy harris
tammy harris Jun 30 '14
yes
ross Team
ross Jun 30 '14
I believe that's the only solution in such case. 
Andy Tan
Andy Tan Jul 1 '14

Quote from ross I believe that's the only solution in such case. 

Thank you both for the time, confirming the source of the problem is very important.

Andy Tan
Andy Tan Jul 1 '14

Quote from Tammy yes

Thank you both for the time, confirming the source of the problem is very important.

Andy Tan
Andy Tan Aug 20 '14

Quote from ross Andy as I noted before those validation e-mail send out directly to the mail server, which means they cannot reach there, there' something wrong with their mail server. 

Hi,

I've decided to give it another try and installed a second copy of Oxwall on my ISP. This time I do it manually instead of utilizing the Simple Script.

This is the error message I got when I registered..

OW Debug - ExceptionMessage:Could not instantiate mail function.File:/home1/gammast1/public_html/sunnyflower/ow_libraries/php_mailer/class.phpmailer.phpLine:1145Trace:#0 /home1/gammast1/public_html/sunnyflower/ow_libraries/php_mailer/class.phpmailer.php(1025): PHPMailer->mailSend('Date: Wed, 20 A...', '--b1_5e92c23bb4...') #1 /home1/gammast1/public_html/sunnyflower/ow_libraries/php_mailer/class.phpmailer.php(930): PHPMailer->postSend() #2 /home1/gammast1/public_html/sunnyflower/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/mail_service.php(274): PHPMailer->send() #3 /home1/gammast1/public_html/sunnyflower/ow_core/mailer.php(97): BOL_MailService->send(Object(BASE_CLASS_Mail)) #4 /home1/gammast1/public_html/sunnyflower/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/email_verify_service.php(217): OW_Mailer->send(Object(BASE_CLASS_Mail)) #5 /home1/gammast1/public_html/sunnyflower/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/email_verify_service.php(244): BOL_EmailVerifyService->sendVerificationMail('user', Array) #6 /home1/gammast1/public_html/sunnyflower/ow_system_plugins/base/controllers/email_verify.php(110): BOL_EmailVerifyService->sendUserVerificationMail(Object(BOL_User)) #7 /home1/gammast1/public_html/sunnyflower/ow_core/request_handler.php(263): BASE_CTRL_EmailVerify->index(Array) #8 /home1/gammast1/public_html/sunnyflower/ow_core/application.php(327): OW_RequestHandler->dispatch(Array, Array) #9 /home1/gammast1/public_html/sunnyflower/index.php(65): OW_Application->handleRequest() #10 {main}Type:phpmailerException

Pages: 1 2 »