We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Error when uploading photos | Forum

Brandon Hummel
Brandon Hummel Sep 28 '11
I installed Oxwall and when I upload photos I can't see them on my site.  I talked to my host tech support  and they can't figure it out.  Below are the error messages that I'm getting.

[edited out your username]
[Wed Sep 28 09:17:48 2011] [error] File does not exist: /home/user/public_html/blackpack/ow_userfiles/plugins, referer: http://nodnarb.ws/blackpack/dashboard
[Wed Sep 28 09:17:58 2011] [error] File does not exist: /home/user/public_html/blackpack/ow_userfiles/themes, referer: http://nodnarb.ws/blackpack/photo/useralbum/brandonh/1
The Forum post is edited by Brandon Hummel Oct 2 '11
Brandon Hummel
Brandon Hummel Oct 1 '11
anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Aries
Aries Oct 2 '11
Absolutely, I also experienced the same thing ..? Is there a solution ...
My website can not replace an avatar, add a picture
profile??
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Oct 2 '11
@Brandom, i see your pages hosted by HOSTGATOR
what with your normal pages ? there are all picture seeing ?

@Aries
you are on HOSTGATOR too or any other Webpage Provider

i ask because here on oxwall.org come more error messages in fact with HOSTGATOR, a webpage provider that was advertised by oxwall.org.
Den Team
Den Oct 5 '11
This can be handled by corrupted installation. Check that you have these folders and that it has 777 permission:
/home/user/public_html/blackpack/ow_userfiles/plugins/photos
/home/user/public_html/blackpack/ow_userfiles/plugins/base
Brandon Hummel
Brandon Hummel Oct 13 '11
Addenster, I don't seem to have these files
/home/user/public_html/blackpack/ow_userfiles/plugins/photos
/home/user/public_html/blackpack/ow_userfiles/plugins/base
Den Team
Den Oct 13 '11
This is not good. It seems that you have installed software incorrectly. Try to create these folders, set it 777 permissions and upload avatar again?
Keelan Leader
Keelan Oct 14 '11
Yes i had the same issue with HostGator, i just went ahead and created them and CHMOD 7777 like Addenster said then it is all good.

HostGator Quickinstall panel issue also installs 1.2.3, so check your version too more than likely it wont be latest one if you are using a easy install via cpanel or something.
Brandon Hummel
Brandon Hummel Oct 15 '11
I created those folders and when I upload photos to an album it still doesn't show up.  Any other ideas?
Keelan Leader
Keelan Oct 16 '11
Are they actually in your the folder? If so what happens if you go directly to that image url?

If you get a 500 error, its probs htaccess issue. Does your host allow control of of htaccess?
Den Team
Den Oct 17 '11
Also, enable DEV_MODE in ow_includes/config.php file and try to upload photos again. You will see an actual error message (access denied, missing folder and etc)
Brandon Hummel
Brandon Hummel Oct 17 '11
How exactly do I do that addenster?
Keelan Leader
Keelan Oct 17 '11
ow_includes/config.php 
 /**
    * Make changes in this block if you want to enable DEV mode and DEBUG mode
    */

define('OW_DEBUG_MODE', false);
    define('OW_DEV_MODE', false);
    define('OW_PROFILER_ENABLE', false);