We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

User Roles Permissions - Virtual Gifts | Forum

Daniel Prado
Daniel Prado Jul 1 '14
Hi guys,

I have a problem, when I set an user role not able to send gifts, the whole roles list are not able to send them...

Do you have any tip about that?

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jul 2 '14
Please provide a screenshot of the user permission page for virtual gifts, make sure this user role has such a permission.
Web
Web Jul 3 '14
Hi, Thanks for answer, either the administrator have no righta to send gifts if any of the user roles is disallowed to do it. I will provide screenshots tomorrow
Daniel Prado
Daniel Prado Jul 4 '14
Hi again,

As I told yesterday, if Virtual Gifts is limited at least in one of the user roles, no one can send a virtual gift, either the site administrator.

Attached is an image showing user roles permissions and the admisitrator trying to send a virtual gift.

Thanks again for the support.

Daniel Prado
Daniel Prado Jul 4 '14
Hi again,

This is solved for me now, it is a quite tricky to understand but I will try to explain how to do it:

It seems that every single user role depends of Basic Role so if you change any permission for basic it will affect to all the other user roles (...)

The way to solve the Virtual Gift thing is creating a new user role and disable the Virtual Gift sending for it, then move the role to the first possition so it will become default.

After that the new users will register in the site as the new role you created and will not be able to send gifts.

If you want the same for the old users you have to go and change their roles to the new one and deselect the basic old one.

I hope you can understand my explanation.

Cheers.

Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jul 25 '14
Daniel, it should not work like that, every role should work independently. Can you please PM  me your admin and FTP access details? I'll take a look at the problem
You do not have permission to reply this topic