We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Need to redirect all guest back to the sign-in page. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Darek
Darek Jul 2 '14
I would appreciate sipmle behaviour rule my site responds to those not logged-in:

Redirect them to sign-in page no matter what subdirectory (subdomain) they request.

Even if you google siteurl + username, you should't have displayed a table of names and avatars - but starting page. Even if I have custom html page it should not be accessible until logged in.

Standard oxwall rule management does not deliver it.
Any suggestions?
The Forum post is edited by Darek Jul 2 '14
ross Team
Darek
Darek Jul 3 '14
Ross,

Thank you,

I will surely try to implement it over coming weekend. It looks like the solution would secure single html page we have attached do oxwall structure, which is of course good starting point. I just thought oxwall has certain mechanism that reacts to guest requests anyway, so I hoped “the umbrella” is already in, but leaking.

It is for me hard to accept you can open  say “url-site-name/users/latest?&page=20” and then browse through all avatars and usernames. This makes serious privacy issue.

I will surely analyze what good I can make out of suggested code. Still hope however, some brilliant idea emerges here. If you think for a while on my request  (to hide everything below “url-site-name/…” until logged in) it should not be that challenging. Some combination of cookie / .htaccess technology perhaps? I’m not advanced  enough to know straight away, so dare to ask.

ross Team
ross Jul 3 '14
also you may consider this: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/14261