We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

getting a e500.php error after update | Forum

Drake
Drake Jul 9 '14
getting a 404 error after the update please help
ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
please provide a screenshot of the error. 
Drake
Drake Jul 9 '14
Here ya go :)
Attachments:
  404 error.png (128.11Kb)
ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
can you please, make sure there's htaccess file, if yes, please provide it's content. 
Drake
Drake Jul 9 '14

Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On

AddEncoding gzip .gz

AddEncoding gzip .gzip

<FilesMatch "\.(js.gz|js.gzip)$">

ForceType text/javascript

</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(css.gz|css.gzip)$">

ForceType text/css

</FilesMatch>

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/index\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_updates/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/ow_cron/run\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !/e500\.php

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.xml|\.feed|robots\.txt|\.raw|/[^.]*)$  [NC]

RewriteRule (.*) index.php

ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
also can you please enable debug mode?
Drake
Drake Jul 9 '14
I can't get into the file to change to debug mode
Drake
Drake Jul 9 '14
ok got in and its set at true
ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14

first three errors - please disable antispammer plugin, and contact plugin developer to resolve the issue. 

mysql server has gone away - contact your hosting provider about that issue. something is wrong on their side. 

as to this warning: home/couplesl/public_html/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/file_log_writer.php

make sure that ow_log folder has 777 permissions. 

Drake
Drake Jul 9 '14
ok restoring backup and will make the changes accordingly and alrert the host of the sql issue
ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
No need to restore backup, first contact your hosting provider support about MySQL issue, then you can proceed with the rest. 
Drake
Drake Jul 9 '14
no problem it wont take the restore anyway 

Drake
Drake Jul 9 '14
hey ross how do I disable a plug in from within the file instead of within the admin portal?
ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
You can delete it only in the ow_plugins folder on the server and then delete is in the database in the ow_base_plugin table. 
kevinL
kevinL Jul 10 '14
look like Hostgator is no the right host for Oxwall.  I get same error as you guys here. 
ross Team
ross Jul 10 '14
Kevin, if you get e500.php error, please enable debug mod, you'll get the actual errors when you refresh the website. Copy it here, so we could assist you. 
Drake
Drake Jul 12 '14
Ross

I am having a time out issue with a plugin on the new version I assumed it was the permissions issue and when I went to the file I do not see a place to change the permissions to 777.  here what I see:

* Database log writer. * * @author Sardar Madumarov <madumarov@gmail.com> * @package ow_system_plugins.base.class * @since 1.0 */class BASE_CLASS_FileLogWriter extends OW_LogWriter{    /**     * @var string     */    private $path;
    /**     * Constructor.     */    public function __construct( $path )    {        $this->path = $path;    }
    /**     * @param array $entries     */    public function processEntries( array $entries )    {        $stringToWrite = "";
        foreach ( $entries as $entry )        {            $date = date("D M j G:i:s Y", $entry[OW_Log::TIME_STAMP]);            $stringToWrite .= "[$date] [{$entry[OW_Log::TYPE]}] [{$entry[OW_Log::KEY]}] {$entry[OW_Log::MESSAGE]}" . PHP_EOL;        }
        $changePerm = !file_exists($this->path);        file_put_contents($this->path, $stringToWrite, FILE_APPEND);
        if ( $changePerm )        {            chmod($this->path, 0666);        }    }}

Raj
Raj Jul 12 '14
Hi Ross,

I updated my site, and now as soon as I login I'm being redirected to e500.php page, But I can still access the admin panel... , I got 3 error msgs just after the update, but don't see any error messages anywhere now. I enabled DEBUG and DEV modes. Pls help. Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Raj Jul 12 '14
kevinL
kevinL Jul 12 '14

Quote from ross Kevin, if you get e500.php error, please enable debug mod, you'll get the actual errors when you refresh the website. Copy it here, so we could assist you. 

Hello Ross,

Here is the error on my site:

Message:    SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '='
File:    /home/user111/public_html/mydomain.com/ow_core/database.php
Line:    331
Trace:   
#0 /home/user111/public_html/mydomain.com/ow_core/database.php(331): PDOStatement->execute()
#1 /home/user111/public_html/mydomain.com/ow_core/database.php(498): OW_Database->execute(' SELECT DISTINC...', Array)
#2 /home/user111/public_html/mydomain.com/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/question_dao.php(314): OW_Database->queryForList(' SELECT DISTINC...', Array)
#3 /home/user111/public_html/mydomain.com/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/question_service.php(617): BOL_QuestionDao->findRequiredQuestionsForAccountType('290365aadde35a9...')
#4 /home/user111/public_html/mydomain.com/ow_system_plugins/base/bol/question_service.php(2232): BOL_QuestionService->findRequiredQuestionsForAccountType('290365aadde35a9...')
#5 /home/user111/public_html/mydomain.com/ow_system_plugins/base/classes/event_handler.php(235): BOL_QuestionService->getEmptyRequiredQuestionsList(1)
#6 [internal function]: BASE_CLASS_EventHandler->onPluginsInitCheckUserStatus(Object(OW_Event))
#7 /home/user111/public_html/mydomain.com/ow_core/event_manager.php(197): call_user_func(Array, Object(OW_Event))
#8 /home/user111/public_html/mydomain.com/index.php(63): OW_EventManager->trigger(Object(OW_Event))
#9 {main}
Type:    PDOException
The Forum post is edited by kevinL Jul 12 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 13 '14
Kevin

you need to locate a table which has different collation rather than utf8_general_ci, open it, then click on the Structure, you will see the third row for that table named Collation you will need to change it. Click on each row Change button and choose the utf8_general_ci collation in the drop down menu then save. 

Drake you need to contact your hosting provider and increase this time out limit

Raj, can you please PM me a screenshot of your config.php file? probably you have enabled debug mode in the wrong place. 

Pages: 1 2 3 »