We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

504 Gateway Error | Forum

Webster Molaudi
Webster Molaudi Jul 9 '14
Hi Oxwall,

I have been trying to update my Newsfeed plugin but with no luck...I keep getting this error :

Gateway Time-out

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

----

And whenever  i refresh i cant do anything in my dashboard until  i update the newsfeed but when i do i get the above error.

ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
In this case you will need to increase PHP max_execution_time
Webster Molaudi
Hi Ross,

Thanks for the response, will tell my host company to help with that :)

Webster Molaudi
Hi Ross,

In response to your below
Quote from ross In this case you will need to increase PHP max_execution_time

My Hosting says the following :

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our Help Desk.

According to the server logs the executions of your index.php file reache the server limits and then times out. Part of the logs are placed below:

[Wed Jul 09 05:25:08 2014] [warn] [client 196.37.155.9] Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /home/myvirgo3/public_html/index.php, referer: http://www.myvirgo.info/admin/plugins/index

In order to help you I increased the limits dynamically. Please verify on your end.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
Can you try to update the plugin again?
Webster Molaudi
Well Ross, i cant access my site :( i only see a white space....but i managed to enable debug mode via Cpanel but i see nothing just plain white space.....I even tried to install the 1.7 update pack again and run /ow_updates/ it says it has been updated but when i go to Index or Admin i see white space.

ross Team
ross Jul 9 '14
When I enter your website I see 500 internal server error 

Something is wrong with your server, you need to contact your provider support team to resolve the issue. 

Webster Molaudi
Okay will talk to my hosting company n revert back, something is using CPU at a  high rate though after the update.....i can see in my Cpanel.
Webster Molaudi
Hi Ross,

My Hosting said the following :

Hello,

I have checked the case on my end and at the moment your web application is returning the following errors:

Code:

[Wed Jul 9 13:57:56 2014] [ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined index: HTTP_USER_AGENT File: /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_core/session.php Line:94\n[Wed Jul 9 13:57:56 2014] [ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI File: /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_core/ow.php Line:108\n[Wed Jul 9 13:57:56 2014] [ow_core_log] [Notice] Message: Undefined index: REQUEST_URI File: /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_core/request.php Line:100\n[Wed Jul 9 13:57:56 2014] [ow_core_log] [Exception] Message: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND `isStatic` = 1 LIMIT 0, 1' at line 1 File: /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_core/database.php Line:330 Trace: [#0 /home/myvirgo3/public_html/ow_core/database.php

In your case I would suggest that you restore your website files from a backup to a previous working point. If you don't have such backup you can use the one that we are storing for your account on our servers. Please note that if you want to restore your website from a previous point you should post a ticket from your user's area --> Support tab --> Open new ticket --> Development services category --> Backup restore.

A new ticket will be opened and we will restore your account from the desired date.

If you need further assistance don't hesitate to contact us again.

-----

So whats causing this so that if i restore i avoid updating it ?
James Walter
James Walter Jan 2
hether you are experiencing a minor issue or a major breakdown, our team has the knowledge and expertise to get your industrial vehicle back up and running. Lorain Mobile Truck Repair