We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

OpenID or any other authentication method.. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Karthi
Karthi Jul 11 '14
It would be good if we have a OpenID or other authentication mechanism to validate login in Oxwall, or an 4-5 options addition to facebook login...like google+, twitter, yahoo or linkedin.. It will save the site owner / user from SSL login issues..The plugins in the store are old or bad reviewed...Please provide your thoughts.
ross Team
ross Jul 11 '14
make a suggestion on uservoice: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall in the meantime this is a custom code modification
James Geddes
James Geddes Apr 22 '15
Has there been any progress on implimenting OpenID? I would have thought that this would be a natural part of Oxwall seeing as it is so open source.
Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 22 '15
James Geddes, the OpenID it is very interesting idea.
Unfortunately, I can't affect our developer and product designer teams about implementation of new functionality, because I'm just a supporter.
For this goals we use our suggest board to show our product designers what features are the most essential.
It would be better if you make a suggestion on uservoice: http://oxwall.uservoice.com/forums/13756-ideas-for-oxwall.
James Geddes
James Geddes Apr 22 '15
I would assume that Karthi made that suggestion back in July, right? In any case, with oxwall being an open source project, I would have thought that it would seek to support open standards without needing to be prompted.
Taissa Team
Taissa Apr 23 '15
James Geddes, your feedback and suggestions are very important to our team. Obviously, there are a lot of things still should be done: Dev documentation, Store improvements, Plugin updates for review, Keeping Oxwall up to date with the new trends and features, etc. This is what we are thinking about constantly within the small team. And this is what we are doing, not so fast, as somebody would like. But we move forward and going improve each point.   

dave Leader
dave Apr 23 '15
Also sometimes it helps the team for people to contribute not only to the forum but cold hard cash for example paying the $50 to remove the attribution goes a long way to paying for overtime or project time.  James this is not about you specifically this is a general comment that seemed to apply here.  

There are alot of people i see it all the time that ask for more and more and more and give nothing back.  In that case then it will take more time to get things done.  The people that volunteer here to help many times save team members time which can be devoted to getting things done.  :)

James Geddes
James Geddes Apr 23 '15
I agree Dave, and I have been looking through the forum for questions that I can answer and will certainly donate the $50 once our site is ready.