We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

website down [Solved] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Raymond
Raymond Jul 11 '14
(Please dont delete this forum and please dont suspend me for posting this, im just looking for answer for my problem!)

hi my website youclique.com is now down after updating a couple of plugins, i will attache some pictures to show the error message thanks
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 21 '14
Attachments:
  1.jpg (105.48Kb)
  2.jpg (111.65Kb)
Natch
Natch Jul 11 '14
Try a restore. Before updating, make sure plugins work on the version you are running. If you didnt update your files to 1.7 before updating plugins they will not work.
Raymond
Raymond Jul 12 '14
oh i guess thats the cause of the prob since oxwall just recently release the  1.7 right, how can i able to fix that? i think im using 1.6 still
Raymond
Raymond Jul 12 '14
can i ask how can i able to update my files to 1.7?
Pete
Pete Jul 12 '14
there should be the update in your admin ,before you update deactivate all your plugins
Raymond
Raymond Jul 12 '14
ok thanks for the help guys
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Raymond, you cannot update your plugins without updating the software first. They won't work on 1.6. 
Raymond
Raymond Jul 14 '14
hi, i did a website restore, then after uploading the backup on my website an error appears

Error 500
Internal Server Error.

my hosting account told me that the problem is with the script so i need to ask for help here at oxwall

please help

thanks

ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Internal server error is a server related issue not software. You need to contact your provide to resolve this issue first. 
Raymond
Raymond Jul 14 '14
ok ill go back to them
Raymond
Raymond Jul 14 '14
hi this is the reply of my hosting provider

As previously informed, the message you're seeing is due to the 500.phtml file, which your index redirects to, not an internal server problem on our side. 

ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Raymond, as I already told you you would need to restore your backup if you have one or downgrade the plugins as you can't use 1.7 plugins on 1.6 software. 
Raymond
Raymond Jul 14 '14
i actually did try to restore my back up, after uploading the back up, that is where that problem arises
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Please enable debug mode then and provide us with the screenshot of the error so we could assist you. 
Raymond
Raymond Jul 14 '14
may i know how can i do that? thanks for being kind to a noob lol
ross Team
Raymond
Raymond Jul 14 '14
reply from hosting

display_errors = On
display_startup_errors = On

Raymond
Raymond Jul 14 '14
this is the reply from hosting

We're not familiar with what you're referring to as "Debug Mode". The appropriate debugging variables are already enabled in your PHP.ini configuration file.

display_errors = On
display_startup_errors = On 

ross Team
Raymond
Raymond Jul 14 '14
heres the screenshot after debugging 
Attachments:
  Untitled.jpg (220.49Kb)
Pages: 1 2 3 »