We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

images in forum posts. | Forum

mike
mike Oct 5 '11
Hey guys.
I have installed oxwall on my hostgator server and everything has gone really smooth so far creating my world of warcraft social network.
However yesterday i created a forum post about wow's patch notes and wanted to attched some images directly into the post.
I used the insert image button above the post body box and uploaded the images throughout the post.
However when i went to view the post the images were not in the post only the text i had added. i went to edit the post and notice that were the images were there was a box indicating and image but with a broken icon in the top left corner of it.
i clicked to open the file in my browser to confirm the images were there and i get a 404 error from hostgator.
It seems the images are not uploading to the directorys and embedding into the posts.
I therefore had to use images from urls in the post.

Has anyone else come accross this and if so any help would be great.

Many thanks.

Ps: The site is wow gamer if anyone is interested in joining.
Den Team
Den Oct 5 '11
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Den Team
Den Oct 5 '11
Hello mike.
Try to enable DEV_MODE in ow_includes/config.php file and upload image again. You will see an actual error message during uploading. 
mike
mike Oct 5 '11
thanks addenster, i have enabled dev mode in config.php via the true call but still i am not recieving an error message

Den Team
Den Oct 5 '11
Try to copy broken's photo URL and open it in your browser. What error message do you receive?