We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Is this 1.7 compatible? - User Welcome Message | Forum

Omari
Omari Jul 12 '14
Is this 1.7 compatible or going to be?
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Yes.

All plugins are compatible with 1.7 and if not it will be notified.
Omari
Omari Jul 12 '14
ok great
Kev
Kev Jul 16 '14
It's not 1.7 compatible. Since the upgrade, all my users are receiving their welcome messages in raw HTML format.
Omari
Omari Jul 16 '14
mine too

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Can you share the email content that you got via private message?
Kev
Kev Jul 16 '14
Here's an example, all of the messages sent through this plugin are the same. I'm sure you will be able to replicate this on your development site, as two of us are having the same issue.

Hi,<br /> 
<br /> 
<p style="margin:0;">Welcome you to The Motorbike Community! I'm really happy that you have decided to sign up for an account here on MBC. Here are a couple of links that might help get you started:</p><p style="margin:0;"><br /> 
</p><p style="margin:0;"><span><span><span class="ow_ws_link"><a rel="nofollow" href="http://motorbikecommunity.com/faq" target="_blank">Frequently Asks Questions</a></span></span></span></p><p style="margin:0;"><span><span><span><span class="ow_ws_link"><a rel="nofollow" href="http://motorbikecommunity.com/forum/topic/4?page=1#post-6" target="_blank">Forum Guidelines</a></span></span><br /> 
</span></span></p><p style="margin:0;"><br /> 
If you have any questions, problems, or comments, please feel free to contact me by replying to this message. I look forward to seeing your posts around the site!</p><p style="margin:0;"><br /> 
</p><p style="margin:0;">Ride Safe,</p><p style="margin:0;"><br /> 
</p><p style="margin:0;">Kev</p><p style="margin:0;"><span><span class="ow_ws_link"><a rel="nofollow" href="http://theinfamousbiker.com" target="_blank">The Infamous Biker</a></span></span></p><p style="margin:0;"><br /> 
</p><p style="margin:0;">PS: Don't forget to add me as a friend!</p>

Purusothaman Ramanujam
Thanks for details. Will get back on this.
Kev
Kev Jul 16 '14
Thanks.
Joe Gekko
Joe Gekko Aug 7 '14
Did this ever get fixed?  It's screwing up new registrations on my site.  PR, need you to post an update of how you are taking care of this please.  In the past, I have backed you up on negative posts. Please let us know what's going on, with a remedy?  Thnx,  J
The Forum post is edited by Joe Gekko Aug 7 '14
Purusothaman Ramanujam
What issue you see?
Joe Gekko
Joe Gekko Aug 8 '14
Hi PR, with the subject plugin, and using the latest version of OW, there is a conflict that gives an error for any new registration.  New registrations are met with an error page after you hit submit.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Please create a new post with more details. Any screensots too will help.
Kev
Kev Aug 9 '14
PR, all of the detail of the problem is in the history of this thread. I've personally stopped using this plugin, as well as your backup plugin.

You're obviously very good at making Oxwall plugins, but the support your provide is awful. I would have expected an update to have been released by now to fix this problem. Are we just wasting our money here?

Purusothaman Ramanujam
I am really sorry for the bad experience. I have been with bad health and busy with my full time job.

I have made sure that I provide good support to my clients and my reputation lies in it.

If you don't mind, Can you please send a new message with details so that I can start working on it immediately. I assure you a fix or provide a full refund.

Sorry again for making you feel bad.
Kev
Kev Aug 9 '14
I've taken steps to circumvent the backup issue. Read through this thread for all details with this plugin.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
The problem is I could not reproduce hte issue. The issue mentioned by other user is related to installation.
Kev
Kev Aug 10 '14
As you can see, Omari above is having the exact same issue. If I get time today, I'll make a vanilla Oxwall 1.7 install and test it myself.
Purusothaman Ramanujam
Please let me know if you can still reproduce the issue in fresh install.
Joe Gekko
Joe Gekko Aug 10 '14
IDK PR, I don't want to waste my time going back and forth with messages, when at the end of all the messaging, you are asking me to explain the obvious over and over again. Now you're asking for screen shots.  I don't seem to be the only person with the same problem.  Please be kind enough to make the time and really put in the effort to fix this plugin with the information already provided on this thread.  If you're not feeling well, just give us a time frame when you expect to feel better and can really address the issues.  Thnx, J
Pages: 1 2 »
You do not have permission to reply this topic