We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

chat | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
chat showing no members
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Disable all third-party plugins switch to the default updated theme and try again. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
yes ross i already tryed that  did not work even down to just friends a message plugin it does not work cant see any one online or any members send private message sort of works from profiles no meaasge notification, and cant not even view a message  
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Tammy have you tried to reinstall messages plugin?
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
yes 5 times il try a copy from the store 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
i switched to cgi to handle apachie as i seen a few error in error log from mod_fcgid

and chat now seams to work but is very heavy on page load 
as cashe and stuff kick in i hope gets better 
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Alright, how about users and viewing messages issue in your post here: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/21721 ? 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
iv got friends in chat and chat working but now huge issue server cpu load has tippled 
page load times completely useless im already set everything to max setting to speed my site up if i cant make better i just have to leave chat disabled and use mail until this is fixed

yes ross messages are working but message page load times are not acceptable is way to slow  on desktop even with chat disabled but in mobile load times is fine for messages 
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Yes, our developer are dealing with this issue. We'll keep you all updated. Tammy please can you mark all your posts which are related to the issue as Solved then. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 14 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
cool 1.7 is great is a huge step in the right direction 
ross while they are working on stuff can you pretty please with sugar on top lol ask them to make on the photo add page the description mandatory for a photo to be uploaded will help in lots of ways 

tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
i only have delete no solved ???
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
I'm sorry?
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
no need be sorry 
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
No I mean you have created a lot of posts related to the chat can you please delete or mark them as Solved, if any of them have been resolved after switching to CGI
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
yes because you say one problem  per topic  il go delete them
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Thank you Tammy. As to the load on your website, this caused by the messages plugin. Now our developers are trying to figure out how to fix that, we'll keep you all updated. 
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 14 '14
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
when  they get load down a bit it needs to be made sticky or something like not refresh between pages like the top console and menu on my theme as i go from page to page they stay there and just content is loaded 
ross Team
ross Jul 17 '14
Guys, mailbox plugin has been updated, please update it. The notification should appear in your admin panel within next 24 hours. 
ross Team
ross Jul 17 '14
Guys, mailbox plugin has been updated, please update it. The notification should appear in your admin panel within next 24 hours. 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 17 '14
cool i will try it 
Pages: 1 2 3 »