We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

newsfeed video | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
video link  posted in status updates 
like this from you tube
http://youtu.be/0ylRplLnU84

does not play and on click the image takes yours away from my site  to youtube
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
debug and fire bug show no errors 
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Tammy please disable all third-party plugins, update all default themes and switch to the default theme and try again
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Because you can check in the demo, while inspecting the video element, that it has url like demo.oxwall.org/video/....... and yours have youtubeurl
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
even  video link from my site with url like you saying does not work
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Tammy I don't see default video plugin on your website?
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok 
dave Leader
dave Jul 14 '14
Please let us know tammy if you got it going because i am not able to play videos, i get a half white box and nothing else.   Maybe your fix can help me and others if they have issue.  

ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Dave, I don't think tammy would be able to help you with your issue, as his was just missing default video plugin:)

Can you please share URL where this occurs?

dave Leader
dave Jul 14 '14
yeah ill do a new post ross sorry i misunderstood the issue i guess.   Im trying to troubleshoot it here real quick to see if its a local issue.  If i cant i will make a new post..

Thanks ross :)  

ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
alright
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
So, tammy is your issue resolved?
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
il get back to the video latter  still getting things sorted out 
dave Leader
dave Jul 14 '14
got mine fixed too ross, seems it was an internal issue.  Videos play :) 
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 14 '14
i am starting to win as wel i had to switch to cgi to handle apache  but lots stuff in 1.7 working now
dave Leader
dave Jul 14 '14
good to hear :0  yes i have mine set up in htaccess to only allow image referrals from certain sites which helps my hotlinking issue. In other words if someone wants to look at an image from the site its fine, but if they try outside the domain it wont work.  And videos are part of that, so i was getting the css block but not the actual image which was like an oh duh moment for me ... 
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
Good to know Dave. Tammy keep us updated on the video issue. 
Difus
Difus Jul 14 '14
have my video icon missing. only file attach. how to make play the video in newsfeed?
ross Team
ross Jul 14 '14
You can't play video in the newsfeed, you can insert video URL and play it in the video section
tammy harris
tammy harris Jul 15 '14
so it does not play in newsfeed 
Pages: 1 2 »