We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

My views about Oxwall! | Forum

jeo
jeo Oct 6 '11
I love the oxwall platform but its got a threw things need to be sorted and the site will look n feel a lot better, so here is my views on some of the things i like, dislike & needs to be sorted.

I like mainly everything on oxwall like send gifts, home page, plugins & etc.

Dislikes
I dislike the themes, the chat bar, the header bar, links opening in the same widows, no video up loader & etc.

Stuff Needed!
1. Themes
2. Site Search
3. Links opening in a new tab/widows
4. Follower/Followed lists
5. Chat like facebook
6. Social arcade games
7. Mobile sites, apps, mobile friendly to all type mobiles
8. Bulletins plugin
9. Site store & member sales
10. Mass mailing to all friends for users
11. Friends incommon like interests, mutual friends & etc
12. Let owners pick if a widget or tab should show to guest, members, owners, levels & etc.
13. Site notifications plus emails
14. Much better header bar ware owners can edit the colour, add-ons like rss feeds, drop down list of tabs with videos, photos, events & etc, site search & etc

There is loads more but i know its inposable to do everything at once and it takes time, so i be very happy if some of these are developed soon!
Emil Team
Emil Oct 7 '11
jeo,

You've nailed some of the good improvements we are planning to implement. Unfortunately things do not always move as fast as we want, especially if there's some other important work to do, like documentation, some refactoring and optimization of the existing features.

One thing I can promise you is that we never settle on status quo. Oxwall will be relentlessly iterated since apart from our own plans the world of social software changes with an accelerated speed. Our job is to hear signal among all the noise and give it to you.

Thanks,
Emil
jeo
jeo Oct 8 '11
thanks for geting back but can you please tell me whats getting dun and when will they be ready to use :0
jeo
jeo Oct 9 '11
yh i agree xxxxxxxxxx