We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

500 error, picture uploads, but does not display [Solved] | Forum

Michael Norris
Michael Norris Jul 15 '14
Hope the title sums it up because I do not know much else about it. I upload an avatar, and even a status picture, but the avatar comes back as broken and the status picture just spins and spins.

Both are uploaded but for some reason do not display.

When I visit the picture URL I get a 500 error.

I have set permissions as stated in the instructions for the 4 folders (and then some) to see if it would help but still, uploads and does not display the picture.  Thanks for your time and help everyone!

The Forum post is edited by Alia Aug 8 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 15 '14
Please enable debug mode to see the actual error, also check your firebug console for the status picture spin issue, here's the tutorial: http://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting then copy the errors here or provide screenshots and we'll try to assist you. 
Michael Norris
Michael Norris Jul 16 '14

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://www.ag420.com/...jquery-2.0.3.min.map

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) http://www.ag420.com/...big_1_1405486447.jpg

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error) http://www.ag420.com/...nal_1_1405486447.jpg

This come from google. Hopefully this is what you asked me for (I'm kinda dumb) but I enabled debug and got this above, thank you so much!

Michael Norris

Also, the "Installed Plugins" page comes up as not found.  The pages for "Add Themes" "Available Plugins" and also to add a plugin, all these pages from the admin panel do not work, stating "PAGE NOT FOUND.  Sorry, this document doesn't exist."

Is that suppose to be this way?  I see instructions saying disable some plugins but I'm unable to access the plugins or themes extra options it appears.

ross Team
ross Jul 16 '14
can you please check your permissions for the folders and files? what are they?
Michael Norris
777 of these folders:

ow_pluginfiles/

ow_userfiles/

ow_static/

ow_smarty/template_c

and on userfiles, I went all the way down the folder hierarchy with 777 permission after that didn't work.  At first was no altered permissions.  They upload just not visable, I didnt see the jquery not found until last night when i did debug, but im really not tech savvy when it comes to scripting, so I honestly just dont know how to debug it myself.  Thanks for all your help 

ross Team
ross Jul 16 '14
can you please go to ow_system_plugins/admin/controllers and check whether you have plugins.php and themes.php files ?
Michael Norris
Michael Norris Jul 17 '14
nope. I am re-uploading all files now...not sure why they didnt show up, everything before said it was successful in ftp

thanks!  Will let you know if it fixes the picture not displaying

Michael Norris
Michael Norris Jul 17 '14
I redid the whole installation when I did that, noticed Godaddy sucks, I will have to let you know once I try again

ross Team
ross Jul 17 '14
We had a similar problem with a community member on Godaddy server, it keeps deleting those two files, considering there is a malware in them. Have you managed to upload them?
Michael Norris
Michael Norris Jul 18 '14
I tried, I ended up worse than before.  I am trying again now to upload the files through Godaddy but their servers are sucking more and more.  It's not just malware, Godaddy has had this problem for a few months now.  It does it to me sometimes with pictures also

I'll let you know if i get anything up.

After uploading yesterday, I lost all styling and after installing again, it was a white page with text and code all down it instead of the graphic user interface that it is suppose to be. 

Thanks

Michael Norris
Michael Norris Jul 19 '14
I actually called and they said it was either the file is some malware or has some huge hole in it's security.  But I had picture files doing the same, still trying tho
Michael Norris
Michael Norris Jul 19 '14
Oh and I sent them the files and they said they were further checking into it too
ross Team
ross Jul 20 '14
Alright, keep us updated. 
Michael Norris
Michael Norris Jul 24 '14
still haven't heard back, if I do I will post back, thanks again!
Michael Norris
Michael Norris Jul 24 '14
any idea of another good (cheap) service to go with to have it work correctly?  Trying to make something small but incase it gets bigger, I'd like maybe other options too
ross Team
ross Jul 25 '14
I can only suggest  to choose a provider from the recommended ones. 
Michael Norris
Michael Norris Jul 29 '14
Thanks for the idea, can anyone tell me providers that do work compatible with the scripts?

I am still waiting to hear from Godaddy, which of course, I haven't.  I will probably call them in the next few days if I don't hear back by then and will still keep you updated if I hear anything, thanks again!

ross Team
ross Jul 29 '14
Here's the list of recommended providers: http://www.oxwall.org/hosting
Michael Norris
Michael Norris Jul 30 '14
Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 »