We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Facebook Connect :. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Carl
Carl Oct 7 '11
greetings!

What is the proper settings to use Facebook Connect, I searched the forums and can not find an answer to my situation. I use HostGator, url_fopen: on, in my country is not blocked FB ...

Any ideas or suggestions?

in my settings or Facebook Developers?

Charles
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Oct 7 '11
i have an Maintenance Mode of FBconnect by your side

greets
FaceT
Carl
Carl Oct 7 '11
My mistake, sorry.
savva
savva Oct 7 '11
hello am at www.batiha.com when i press facebook connect its looping around like the path has prob can anyone help me pls and i got a error ......Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again  what does this mean it took the site down for 15 min then came back and videos dont work can any1 help
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Oct 7 '11
@sayya
your problem is the "memory_limit" in your PHP resources.

look with your phpinfo.php (make it self) to see how many "memory_limit" your Host giving for the PHP-Parser.
If you have the possibility to change this memory_limit then make it up to 128M

hope that helps
greets
FaceT
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Oct 7 '11
@Carl (interchaz)

yes you have the same problem how i with my server.
- same error message (the big red error)

i know that not all User was block by this FBconnect and it is a safe bet that -Addenster- have no problem to FBconnect to you :-)

i search to resolve this problem near by 2 weeks (not every day), at the last 4 day i little bit to refuse for more searching. don't find anything at the FaceBook-developer etc.

greets
FaceT
The Forum post is edited by FaceTester Oct 7 '11
Den Team
Den Oct 11 '11
I have some news guys about this problem. Facebook finally switched their API to Graph system and we think that the most such issues was cos FB connect plugin uses old API. With next update we will update fb connect plugin with new API support. Hope it will solve most issues. 
FaceTester Leader
FaceTester Oct 11 '11
many thanks Addenster for this info !
hope it works then fine :-)

greets
FaceT