We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Updating problem because of "Invalid FTP Attributes" | Forum

Katie
Katie Jul 16 '14
Hi there!

Im just trying to update but Im having troubles. I keep getting the error

"Invalid FTP attributes! Provided user doesn't have permissions to overwrite files."

Ive made sure that all my folders have 705 permission and files 644 but still no luck.

Could the problem be that my oxwall site is in a directory ("members") and not in the home directory?

Is there another way of updating besides in the admin area? Like Filezilla? I just dont want to loose my members.

Appreciate any help :)

Cheers
Katie
Pete
Pete Jul 16 '14

or you sure you or using the correct user name and password that your hosting provider gave you to log into cpanel,because this is always used also for your ftp  , your folders should be 755 except for folders, ow_pluginfiles, ow_static, ow_userfiles they should be set to 777,if it still wont except ,try putting your domain in were it says localhost  ,I am surprized you can access any of your site if you have all your folders set to 705 permission .Before you mess about with your settings back up your db ,and download your config file and all your members profile photos just encase anything goes wrong ,when installing any plugin .Some hosts wont let you use 777 permissions like my host ,but your folders well or should still work using 755  

you can man update your plugins  see  http://docs.oxwall.org/install:update

The Forum post is edited by Pete Jul 16 '14