We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

In need of free advice? | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
jeo
jeo Oct 8 '11
I be very happy if anyone can give me advice on my list below?

1, Can i import other scripts from softaculous in my cpanel to my oxwall script as plugins or tabs.

2, Can i use other themes from other theme providers to use with my oxwall script.

3, How can i edit the url tab names like mysite.com/users to mysite.com/members & etc.

4, How can i add & change tabs in dashboards, profiles & etc to icons and names i want, plus how can i create them as buttons not tabs/folders.

5, Is it passable to upload plugins from other sites instead of oxwall store.

Thanks you very much if you can give my answers :)
Max
Max Oct 8 '11
Hi jeo

1- The only solution to import others scripts in Oxwall is to modify harder this script. It's a hard and long work...(considered as impossible)

2- I don't understand.. If you want use theme created for other script, it's impossible. Else, if you are talking about theme created for oxwall, yes you can take it.

3- I don't know if it's possible. If yes, you will modify php files (I think)

4- To change names you want, you have to modify the names in language.

5- Yes you can do it. Download the plugin you want and upload it to your website with 'add new' in plugin menu of the admin board.

Maybe someone have more details...
jeo
jeo Oct 9 '11
thanks very much Max for your advice :)
Den Team
Den Oct 11 '11
Just wanted to correct fifth point: you can't upload/install plugin form other software. Only from oxwall supported store.
Max
Max Oct 11 '11
Oops
I thank jeo was talking about plugin created for Oxwall but hosted on other websites..
jeo
jeo Oct 11 '11
yh both of use ware rite so i cart get other plugins to work on my site from some over hoster but a can use the ones in oxwall store. great fanks for you advice