We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Troubleshooting- Mobile showing blank page [Solved] | Forum

Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 18 '14
In spite of carefully following the upgrading steps outlined, backing up files, disabling plug ins etc, something went horribly, horribly wrong with my update to 1.7  because that's just my luck...lol

After fiddling with the site all day and half the night, I ended up just doing a fresh install of 1.7, importing the saved database information and config files from my previous site as well as changing the SALT line to the previous one so that my members didn't have to change their passwords.

Everything seems to be more or less honky dory now except that when I implement the mobile option (something my site members were quite excited about and the primary reason for my update) using it causes a blank white screen with no option to go back to the desktop version even if refresh or back arrow is used.

Attempting to modify the layout in the admin panel caused the site to crash for some reason, so I'm afraid to keep messing with it since the site has been down for a couple of days with the upgrade incident and I really don't want to inconvenience my members any more than I have to.

The site uses Showcase theme that came with Oxwall.  No custom code or modifications to the native theme aside from changing the header image to our logo. 

At this point I'm at something of a loss as to what to do and have simply hidden the mobile option for the time being.  I would really like for my site members to have a mobile options since most of them seem to access the site via smartphone, but I don't want my desktop site functionality to be compromised in the process.

Any help or ideas for troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated  TIA:)

The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 21 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 21 '14
Tess, make sure there's a mobile folder in the showcase folder in ow_themes. Please enable debug mode, when you enter the mobile version to see the error, if you don't, please share your URL, leave debug mode as ON, please. 
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 21 '14
Ross, I'll do this once the newsfeed is working properly, since the plugin has been successfully updated, could be fixing that will settle the mobile issue as well. I will mark this solved when I test it, if that is the case :)

I did check the file structure though, there is a mobile folder in Showcase, and all the necessary files appear to be there.

The Forum post is edited by Tess Franklin Jul 21 '14
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 21 '14
OK you can mark this one solved. As I suspected, the issue was resolved with the correction of the Newsfeed plug in update :)
ross Team
ross Jul 21 '14
Ok, great.