We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Unable to upload pictures in Newsfeed after upgrade to 1.7 [Solved] | Forum

Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 19 '14
The Photo Album uploads seem to be working fine both individual and drag and drop en mass. I can also attach images, links and embed youtube videos to both the Status and Comment sections.

However when I try to attach a photo via the Status section, the display pops up as if it were uploading but nothing happens and the upload basically times out. (see attached screen shot)

I use the Smileys plug in, so I tested with it active and deactivated with the same results.

The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 21 '14
Attachments:
  no image upload in status.jpg (26.52Kb)
ross Team
ross Jul 20 '14
please enable debug to find out the actual error, if you get one, please paste it here so we could assist you, if not, please follow the steps in this tutorial: http://docs.oxwall.org/faq:parse-error-troubleshooting
ross Team
ross Jul 20 '14
as to this error, you need to truncate ow_newsfeed_action_set table via phpmyadmin, see this post: http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/11519?page=1#post-58164

as to the error log, most of the errors come from the attachement, hint plugins. please truncate the table, then update the newsfeed plugin and see if the errors persist

Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 21 '14
Will do Ross, thank you. I'll let you know if it works or not :)
ross Team
ross Jul 21 '14
Alright, keep us updated. 
ross Team
ross Jul 21 '14
Are you updating it manually? What plugin build do you have in the newsfeed folder/plugin.xml file ? 

Try the following go to ow_base_menu_item find newsfeed_feed in the column KEY and rename it to newsfeed_feed1 and try to update again. 

Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 21 '14
I did the update manually so while the newsfeed is working properly on the front end, it naturally still wants to update the database on the back end.

The plugin.xml file says:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
Allright, I'll try renaming the column key and run the update again as suggested now...

ross Team
ross Jul 21 '14
not xml version plugin build in the plugin.xml file
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 21 '14
I only seem to have a listing in base menu item for newsfeed with the type being "mobile_top" 

is there supposed to be a newsfeed listing for the desktop version in there as well?

Also I noticed that my tables are prefixed wwv_ not ow_  is that a problem as well?

I do apologize if I'm being dense, but I've never worked with a data base before aside from the most rudimentary functions of import and export.

Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 21 '14

Quote from ross not xml version plugin build in the plugin.xml file
oh I see now, sorry..

build 8100

ross Team
ross Jul 21 '14
well, according to the build you have up-to-date plugin. which is why you have this error. you can have any prefix, you need to make sure you look through the whole table, there can be other pages, go to the bottom of the table and click show all, then ctrl+F and try to located newsfeed_feed and rename it by adding 1 at the end. 
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 21 '14
The only one I had is the one for mobile top but I renamed it anyhow and the plug in finally updated successfully! Thank you! :)))

However I still can't seem to upload an image in primary status

I checked the console again and only got the error Failed to load resource: net: : ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT this time.  That has to do with a facebook log in image that a member used in her link post though and it went away when I disabled the ad block on my browser.

ross Team
ross Jul 21 '14
can you please share your URL, make sure your site is open for registration?
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 21 '14

sure, it's 

www.noclue.tekcetic.com
ross Team
ross Jul 21 '14
I can't join it keeps redirecting me to this url: http://www.noclue.tekcetic.com/antispammer/sorry . can you please disable that plugin if you have one? 
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 21 '14
ok plugin is disabled, try it now 
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 21 '14
BTW I was combing through the forum again and came across a thread where someone seems to have had a similar issue:

http://www.oxwall.org/forum/topic/20369?page=1#post-96479

Perhaps the same type of thing is what's causing the problem on my site?

Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 21 '14
The plug in is still disabled, were you able to sign up?
Tess Franklin
Tess Franklin Jul 21 '14
Not sure if you got in and did anything or if my constant fiddling about with the plug ins somehow fixed it, but whatever the problem was, it seems have been sorted...lol

You can mark this thread solved Ross, Thank you for your time :)

ross Team
ross Jul 21 '14
Unfortunately I did nothing, my working shift was over, and I did not even login to your website. 

Anyway, thanks for letting us know, I'm going to mark this thread as Solved then. 

Pages: 1 2 »