We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

how to make all widgets photo bigger | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Development » Themes
Kostia
Kostia Jul 21 '14
hy, is it possible to make all widgets photo bigger? 
ross Team
ross Jul 21 '14
Topic was moved from General Questions.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 21 '14
Kostia, can you provide screen shot of the areas you would like to enlarge?
Kostia
Kostia Jul 21 '14

Quote from Aliia Kostia, can you provide screen shot of the areas you would like to enlarge?
added pic,

i saw that is possible to make changes in admin/settings/user  for avatar ( 150) pic, but need to edit css 

The Forum post is edited by Kostia Jul 21 '14
Attachments:
  photo.png (28Kb)
Alia Team
Alia Jul 23 '14
Kostia, changes you would like to make can be done via CSS. Please note that avatars are used sidewide and if you change their size, this will result in a a lot of glitches everywhere they are used.

Default avatar size is 40X40. Let's change this to 70X70 by adding following css in admin panel>> appearance >>edit theme>>"Css" tab:

.ow_avatar {
    height: 70px;
    width: 70px;
}

.ow_canvas .ow_avatar img, .ow_canvas .ow_lp_avatars img, .ow_canvas .ow_newsfeed_avatar img {
    height: 70px;
    width: 70px;
}

Result:

As you can see avatars are big now. But:

1. You still have old 40X40 borders on the background of each avatar. To remove them you will need to create a new background image  of 70X70 size or remove background border image completely within .ow_avatar {} class via CSS.

2. All places where avatars are used ( for example "Newsfeed") are now not aligned properly. You will need to edit more CSS to get this corrected.

Unfortunately I can not provide you with the CSS code to correct every single item across the site. You will need to find a designer to complete this work for you or do this yourself.
Alia Team
Alia Jul 23 '14
Topic was moved from Custom Code Modifications.
Kostia
Kostia Jul 23 '14
Is it possible that  for example edit just some widgets, example 'hot list' photos will be showed bigger. Can i find thiese (height:  px; and    width: px;) to change it or it can be done just editing theme