We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Plugin will not make paragraphs - Mailbox | Forum

Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Jul 21 '14
If you're writing a long message, and you make block paragraphs, when you send, it removes all formatting and sends as one big paragraph with no breaks where you put breaks.

(not to mention all the other big problems with it, which I have heard you're aware of and working to fix. Just wanted to mention the paragraphs issue so you can address it in the fix.)

Thanks

The Forum post is edited by Jobee Bendijo Jul 21 '14
Hybrid
Hybrid Jul 22 '14
Having this same issue.  Hope it gets fixed ;)
Jozef
Jozef Jul 23 '14
I would also like to... :)
The Forum post is edited by Jozef Jul 23 '14
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Jul 24 '14
Yes, guys, we have reported to our developers it will be added in one of the upcoming releases.
Hybrid
Hybrid Jul 24 '14
Looking forward to this!
Hybrid
Hybrid Jul 31 '14
Any update on this?
Jobee Bendijo
Jobee Bendijo Aug 1 '14
HUGE HUGE HUGE problem, many sites that have updated to 1.7 are pretty much down due to the problem, and they don't seem to be in any hurry to correct their utter screw up on the MESS-ages plugin.

It blows my mind how not only the one that developed the MESSages plugin for 1.7 thought it was an improvement over the previous (it's a complete useless piece of sh*t, and any non-developer can see that), but that the whole Oxwall team approved the mess and let it get out there to F&#K up a bunch of people's sites.

Now it's WEEKS, and still no fix. 

Just one of the disadvantages of using free software. (It's not worth paying money for). 

Vladimir Bach
Vladimir Bach Aug 6 '14
Come on now? Any updates on this? We really need to improve this mailbox feature, or our sites are going to die off.. I've tried keeping just the old mailbox, but it causes permission issues and other problems. I know I'm losing members because of this: as my site's activity and member's 'time' on site, has majorly dropped. And a lot of members have spammed my walls and mails with complaints on the subject. I've assured them I am doing everything I can, but ultimately I don't have any real control over it.
Oxwall Software
Oxwall Software Aug 12 '14
Guys, please be patient, we're doing our best to please you guys. As I said we have already reported this issue to our developers. The plugin will be updated asap with the fix.
You do not have permission to reply this topic