We build. You grow.

Get best community software here

Start a social network, a fan-site, an education project with oxwall - free opensource community software

Latest forum posts link? [Answered] | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » Support » General Questions
Stig
Stig Jul 22 '14
Hi on most forums there is a latest posts link or a todays posts link so people can see the latest started threads or replies.

Is that possible for oxwall forums?

Thanks.
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 25 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 22 '14
Please provide screenshot so we could assist you better. 
Stig
Stig Jul 23 '14
Sure attached. You know what I mean though right? How do you get to see what the latest posts and replies are? Say you're on TA forums or anywhere and you want to see the latest posts/replies/threads added that day or since your last visit.
Thanks! :)

The Forum post is edited by Stig Jul 23 '14
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '14
as soon as a user enters a certain section of the forum, for example this Forum/General questions sections, all new threads will have a label new to the left, and who made the last reply (user) will be in the Last reply column. this is how it works now. 
Stig
Stig Jul 24 '14
Hmm okay thanks. A new post link would be cool though.

Could a plugin be developed for that? And if so could you push me in the right direction to developing it myself or finding someone that can?

Thanks!
ross Team
ross Jul 24 '14
Why do you need new post link, all new post come first in the list, isn't that what you're looking for? or you need a separate column for that or what? I couldn't make it out from your screenshot
Stig
Stig Jul 24 '14
Just because every forum, whether its SMF, Vbulletin, IPB, phpbb etc etc has a new or latest posts link. That's just what forums have.

So people can view all the latest posts/replies etc without having to choose a sub-forum and see whats new they can see whats new from that.

Not sure why you need a screen shot to understand it any better.

Its just a nice feature to have. :)
Difus
Difus Jul 24 '14
Stig
Stig Jul 24 '14
Yes glad to see someone is swinging from the same banana tree as me. :)

Thats what Im talking about.

Someone needs to make plugin for it or be integrated into forum.
ross Team
ross Jul 25 '14
read reply from our team, also you can make a suggestion on uservoice
The Forum post is edited by ross Jul 25 '14